Multiplayer & Hosting a server

ratdeath

Now I see two servers in the multiplayer server list, Afr and Afr4 and the battle name is something in russian, tried to connect to the first and it says it's the wrong server version, maybe because its a russian version?

Why do we need an external IP to host servers? :confused: Isn't this going to limit people that can run servers. Now I am personally so lucky that I have 5 external (dynamic) IP's so I can still let my other computers, PS3 and what not still connect through the router but others might not be as lucky with DSL connections.

World in Conflict lets me host servers behind the router (and many other games I have hosted through the years) so why not Theatre of War 2?

Other then the problems with MP I really like the game and personally I have had rock solid stability (even tabbed in and out) and no gamestopping issues (that excludes tiger's in the last american battle :P ) but I am on the second UK battle now :)

Which MP issues you want to be fixed?

The only servers I have seen up is the two mentioned above Afr and Afr4 that usually have a -1 in ping time. I haven't been able to connect to them, it's either timed out or wrong server version.

Perhaps the "issue" is that noone is hosting servers to connect too? :o

Which might be related to the requirment to have an exteral IP to be able to host a internet server, I assume most people are behind NAT/router of some kind today as you usually have only one IP address from your ISP and many have more then one computer in the household.

Did you read multiplayer configuration readme in game folder? There are instructions how to do port forwarding in your router.

In addition, some routers have separate Firewall configuration, in this case, you should open these ports there too.

Did you read multiplayer configuration readme in game folder? There are instructions how to do port forwarding in your router.

In addition, some routers have separate Firewall configuration, in this case, you should open these ports there too.

If I try to start a internet server ToW2 tell me that I need an external IP to be able to host a server. So unless I connect directly to my ISP to get an external IP it's not possible to host a server as far as I know.

I have portforwarded the ports needed in my firewall/router to my computer, but if I did that part right I have no way to verify because ToW2 doesn't let me host a server.

To play as a client I shouldn't have to do any configuration on my router if I remember the readme correctly, at work now so can't verify that :)

• 6 years later...