Reality Check

I'm breaking in a replacement hard drive and video card, and am fairly far along in installing CMAK.

I've just noticed that when a tank fires and there is snow on the ground, the smoke from the blast has a light pink or lavender tinge.

I don't remember seeing this before, but, now that I think of it, this is probably the first time I've ever played CMAK with snow.

Is this feature intentional, will I find it when I get around to installing winter scenarios in CMBB, or is it a quirk of my video card/drivers?

I seem to have been saddled with an Nvidia 8000 series and a reasonably up to date driver.

I know which bmp is being effected (1800) and tried changing some of its properties. But the slight pink/lavender tinge to the smoke doesn't seem to have anything to do with the basic texture, and only seems to occur when there's snow on the ground.

When I fire smoke, the effect is there, but really hard to notice unless you happen to be looking for it.

I wonder if this has something to do with textures that are supposed to be semi-transparent (pink is the color of total transparency in CM).

Is there some way I could tweak my video card, or some magic I could perform with anti-aliasing, to make the pink go away?

Or is pink the color of cordite residue? And yes, I'm very gullible.