Please Help

Batsting

I downloaded game and installed just fine. when i change graphics it wont save, even after I restart game. Can someone tell me how to fix? Make it simple please, not techy, real dumb.

I do have Vista..... is that part of the problem?

Thanks a million.

Batsting,

Your problem is related to one of the more annoying issues with VISTA, namely user access control (UAC).

To get around it, simply right click on the game shortcut EACH time you want to run the game and select the "Run as ADMIN" option.

That will allow you to save the game.

Madmatt

Regarding this issue, common to a lot of games, would turning off the User Account Control function in Vista be a permanent solution ?

I know de-activating UAC is not advised but as the single user of a computer protected by the whole batch of anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-younameit softwares, constantly upgraded, I am ready to take the risk...

Batsting,

Your problem is related to one of the more annoying issues with VISTA, namely user access control (UAC).

To get around it, simply right click on the game shortcut EACH time you want to run the game and select the "Run as ADMIN" option.

That will allow you to save the game.

Madmatt

VISTA has many problems/bugs but most are known right. I mean the problem with UAC is not new and other games can be played with out using this temporary solution.

Don't get me wrong it is a great game and there is a great support to help us.

But things like the UAC problem, Multiplayer problems should not have been there.

If in the release text of TOW 2 says: "Special attention is being devoted to multiplayer and user created missions" and even the basic mp function is flawed...

I can only imagine the burden to test all systems and that it probably cost allot of money, but i should not be the case to buy a game and then to have ask instructions of how to start the game or how to use the MP function...

Next time just says optimized for XP.

Having said all this, we can be grateful for the support both from battlefront and 1C Company :)

In Vista it is possible to right click a shortcut/app and select properties. Under 'compatability' there is an option 'run as administrator'. This will make the app always launch as administrator, you however still have to Authorize each time you start the game.

Regarding multiplayer; this problem is fixed by changing http://www.games.1c.ru

into 'www.games.1c.ru' in the user/mp.ini file.

This is indeed a bug I think that shouldn't have to be in. However, mistakes get made and I'm happy 1c & BF are actively supporting anyone with issues.

Cheers and nice weekend!