Crashes

Woest

Hi,

i am trying to play the game, but i get many crashes.

Although i am using the suggestion to start the game as an admin, i still crash many times, save games and during a game.

This is probably already said before and known by the game makers, but i thought i mention it again. This should be fix very soon, if even the basic game does not function...

I am using vista with a dual core E6600, Geforce 9600 GT, latest drivers.

I too have had several crashes. Never during the game, unless I'm actively saving and loading. Usually I can load or save 1 or 2 times and then the next time I go to do a load or save, it will begin and I'll get a windows ding in the background (like an error code is popping up) and my computer will be completely frozen. CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work and the mouse locks up solid.

During the time I get to play though, I'm having great fun!

--Ed

I too have had several crashes. Never during the game, unless I'm actively saving and loading. Usually I can load or save 1 or 2 times and then the next time I go to do a load or save, it will begin and I'll get a windows ding in the background (like an error code is popping up) and my computer will be completely frozen. CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work and the mouse locks up solid.

During the time I get to play though, I'm having great fun!

--Ed

I recognise this bug.. unfortunately I also get crashes during gameplay ...

@sneaksy: good to hear you are working on a patch. the original TOW 1 wasn't bugfree either. After some patching it became one of my favorites.

Perhaps a temporary solution, i have allot less crashes ingame without HDR and Ambient occlusion turned on.

Now when i crash it is during loading a game. I have only played one mission without crashing so it is not really tested, but it feels good...

I figure I'll add my bit.

I'm running:

Vista 32 bit SP1

Core 2 E6420 @2.13Ghz

4GB Ram

EVGA 8800GTS 320MB w/ NVIDIA 182.50 WHQL drivers

I get the sporratic crashes with saves, I don't notice anything that could cause it to crash during a save i.e., background apps or something like that.

Also in particular, further into a mission I'll get alot of lag and very low framerates down below the teens and on two occasions the game locked up in the middle of a mission; however, I could still move the mouse but nothing else responded in the game. I have my graphics set to auto-detect and running 1680x1050 resolution.

Hopefully this helps and hopefully y'all can get a patch out cause Its been a while since I played a good RTS like this that is taylored for us history folk:D.

Vista 32

dualcore 2 GHz

2Gb RAM

ATI x700

I also have the same kind of problem: each time I try to save a game, ToW2 will close to the desktop. When I try to load the save (which was probably corrupted), ToW2 crashes to the desktop too. Apart than that, I've no other problem with the game as yet.

Anyway, congratulation 1C! this game is really excellent, it is a great improvement over TOW; I really like it and I highly recommend it.

-Knokke

I get this when loading saves mostly, Using a pair of 256 meg BFG 7950 in sli, with 2 gig of memory. Only answer i have is to quit the game and load a save, faster then restarting the comp, or having it restarted for you.

Even if you do get the save to load the game lags more, its like its not clearing the memory when you load and you operate on less and less ram. Memory leak im betting. If that is the right term for this issue.

Op sys Windows XP, up to date.

I'm getting fairly stable play, except in two situations:

1.) Crashes to desktop - whenever I select any of the "dragon's teeth" tank obstacles in the Sbeitla battle setup screen for the U.S. campaign, and...

2.) The game hangs about 250% of the time on an attempt to save or load.

My system: Vista 32, AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core processor 6000+, 3.00 GHz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 512MB