Do Battlefront games crash a lot??

dave8352

Hi Im new to this forum, I'm a seasoned Gamer but not had much experience of Battlefront games till the last fortnight, however i'm hooked. But does anyone have problems with CTD with TOW2!!!!

Firstly, my computer is about 4 years old, upgraded the graphics card some years ago with a Radron x1650 256mb, and upgraded Memory to 2 GB,Processor is 3.2 P4, so its not as high as the recommended but higher than the minimum - so it should still play with lower settings? Well it does , but its not playable with all settings turned down, tried all sorts of methods but having no joy!! If i bought it from a shop i would take it back, as its not fit for purpose sold, however i do like brand and will percivere a little if this can be addressed, via a patch. I play coh, men of war, call of duty, Brothers in arms highway... etc.. no probs, with tow2 i turn all settings down, and it just about plays, as long as the speed is at 0.5, if there is a lot of activity going on on screen i get a ctd. Frustrating, and the framerates are appalling.

I suppose probably you shouldnt buy games unless you meet the recommended specs at least! in which case there is no such thing as minimum spec!!!

I love TOW1 and have just bought SHock Force, great games but CTD are regular, no probs on any other games i own.

Any constructive advice so i can play TOW2 ?

Dave

I have to same problem. The game will just CTD, I have plenty of RAM two graphics cards and updated all of my drivers. Sometimes the game just shut's itself off for no apparent reason. Like the game but have learned to save alot as I never know when it's just going to shut down. Never saw that problem with TOW 1 but I didn't play it until all of the patches were out. :confused:

TOW and the TOW2 demo seemed to me to be quite a bit less reliable than CM:SF. Shock Force is one of the most stable games that I own.

I don't really think it's particularly fair to ask if Battlefront games crash a lot, because, for the most part, they're all developed by different teams. TOW2 is made by 1C and published by BFC in the West, CM:SF is made by the CM team, which is different from the Empires of Steel team, I believe. HistWar: LG is made by JMM, who has not worked on any other BFC games, the list goes on and on. They're radically different games (although they all are focused on realism), so I don't think you can really make a blanket statement about how reliable BFC games are as a whole.

And welcome to the forums!