Improvements over TOW1?

Fencible

I have TOW 1, but quickly tired of it as the game play required one side or the other to be completely wiped out before a scenario could end. No one would surrender or retreat. This lack of realistic behaviour ruined the game for me. Has TOW2 improved on this 'gamey' sort of behaviour to make it a better simulator?

Thanks,

Fencible

in some missions in TOW 1, if the defender troops are too weak, they retreat from the map.

But they don't retreat with the sounds of trumpets !

So you are not aware of that.

Then the mission finishes with no IA soldiers on the map, but the reason is that the IA has retreated his units.

So probably, even if this type of realistic trigger is largely used in TOW 2, you will not see the difference.

ToW 1 at that time was an WW-II eye candy but with very little depth. 1 of the biggest short commings was sound and the feeling you were playing a WW-II war-game. It seems battlefront was involved with ToW-2. Uber sounds, realistic scenario’s (until now) and I really have the WW-II war-game feeling. Is it as good as the CM-1 series? No... not at this moment. But it is the best/realistic WW-II simulation at tactical level atm.

So untill CM Normandy I will be playing ToW-2