I have it already..WooHoo!!!

squishalll

Downloaded my preorder today and have played tutorials and am starting US campaign. I think all is well done. Arty is stunning. Of course now we will have all the negative threads start..oh well I will ignore untill I have played for several hours before I offer a honest opinion.

I too recieved my pre-order email yesterday afternoon and promptly downloaded the game without issue in about an hour and a half. I have since played the tutorial missions, started an American campaign on 'Normal' difficulty and scored a victory in my first battle. Everything in the game appeared to work flawlessly. I have a high end rig, so I turned up all the graphical bells and whistles, and the game looks as beautiful as it plays. I had a blast playing that first battle, and it was a bit intense trying to hold back a German onslaught whilst defending a small town until reinforcements arrive. Luckily they arrived just in time, as one of my flanks was beginning to collapse and I was able to plug the lines with the fresh troops. The incoming arty was something else...trees were falling around me, buildings caving in, rubble flying from destroyed vehicles...it was chaos! And I loved every second of it! :D

My only complaint so far (and it is a small one) is that when I select an individual soldier, I wish that it would tell me what squad, platoon and company he belongs to in the information box with all the other info. I like to keep unit cohesion, and I had a difficult time doing that. Maybe that info is already there, and I am missing it.

Besides that nit pick, Theater of War 2 is a winner! Great Job Battlefront!:cool:

My only complaint so far (and it is a small one) is that when I select an individual soldier, I wish that it would tell me what squad, platoon and company he belongs to in the information box with all the other info. I like to keep unit cohesion, and I had a difficult time doing that. Maybe that info is already there, and I am missing it.

To have that unit ID feature for individual soldiers would have been very good. And it bugs me (just a little) that the soldiers are labeled by their first names rather than last names (how unmilitary! "Justin, go take out that MG! "Where is sniper Dennis?") But this really is a great game. One thing that helps with unit integrity is to make full use of the numbered unit groups function. So, even if clicking on a soldier won't tell yu what unit he's in, you can click on a numbered group and see if that soldier gets highlighted as a member of it.