Change personal name of our soldier???

Hi

i'm on a project and i want to know if i can pre-give a name for my soldier like...

Sgt Bill Garnere..... etc

I want to give all real name of a compagnie of a 506 PIR for a campaign... so before start on it, i ask it to the pro !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

En francais!

je suis sur un projet, je voudrais savoir si je peux donner un nom pré determiné a mes soldats! comme heum Capitaine Richard Winters?

Je veux en fait donner tout les vrai noms d'une compagnie de la 506e PIR pour une futur campagne que je vais faire! Mais avant d'aller trop loin dans mes recherches! Je voulais savoir si c'étais possible ^^

Merci/Thank you!!

Yeah OK grant you that, but there's a soldier with my name in all of my Bulldog missions (he killed a Tiger with a captured jerry panzerfaust this afternoon!).

I just counted ~80 English surnames between A-D so that would make (without counting) about ~400 names. Unfortunately Winters, Toye, Guarnere or pretty much most of the Easy Company surnames aren't in the list. The solution must be in a SFS archive as a config file somewhere so therefore should either be able to add names or modable if there's some kind of limt to the number of names.

Good, i will try to find out a way to put the missing name in this list.... probably i will put just surname of the 506e.

Right now.... i do a list for each compagny and hq with name and rank.... something when they been killed. Ive finish right now the regimental hq and the hq of the first bataillion. Next one will be Able company.

More info later!!!! i need to work ( im to afghanistan right now ^^ )

You can set any name, last name and even face for a soldier. Select him in Mission Editor in mission tree (actually him, not his entire squad) and press + mark near the Person property below. Here you can enter any text strings and choose the face.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant change any name via the editor.... i can just choice name on the preset list!!!

But i know how to change the preset list. I saw my new name in the list now on the editor.... i save the mission, i load it and ?? ?? appear for the name of the soldier i ve change.

So.... if i just put the name Joe toye without put it in the preset list, an other name will appear in the game

if i put joe and Toye in both preset list and choose it in the editor, in the will be appear ?? ?? for the name

So what can i do to correct that!