Red Wings Win 2009 Stanely Cup

MeatEtr

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pens and Caps could be great... would have been better to see that in the Eastern Conference Final, but oh well, at least it will happen. Caps star players need to deal with pressure better or Pens will take it in five or six. Washington was lucky to win Game 7 earlier tonight.

Sharks drown again, this time in the first round. Catastrophic loss for that organization. Change must come.

Flames fizzle yet again. Uninspired play from an uninspired team. Also a team that must make some changes. My read is Cammalleri will score big money elsewhere, aflter losing an arbitration decision on his current contract a few years ago. Flames can't afford him without parting with either Kipper or Phaneuf or Regehr.

Boston and Carloina doesn't interest me much, how will Tim Thomas' miracle season pan out? How will Chicago's great, young team deal with Luongo? And can the battle-hardened Ducks stop Detroit??

Herr Kruger

I gotta hunch the Ducks/Wings series will be long and Detroits first real test in the playoffs. My pick: Wings in 6 of course.

Great to see a Caps/Pens matchup, always loved it when these teams were head to head. Anybody else remember the Dale Hunter days and the goon Craig Berube? Oh and Al Iafrate's monster cannon from the blue line, can't leave him out.

Winning game 2 in triple OT is a huge lift for the Ducks and a deflator for the Wings just in time for two games in California.

It's kinda like flipping a coin on who's gonna win. Wings could of won game 2, Ducks could of won game 1, Wings could be up in the series 2-0, Ducks could be up 2-0 in the series.

Wow, that was a helluva game tonight. Should be in OT, horrible break for the Wings, the blind ref negated the tieing goal with a min left. What a crock of sh*t! :mad:

I swear, Wings probably hold some kind of record for negated playoff goals.

Did the ref blow the whistle before the puck went in? Otherwise, I don't see why they would not have called that a goal on review. Looks like the Ducks stole one.

Well technically, the whistle was blown right after the puck went in. But that doesn't matter as the play is considered dead when the ref decides it's dead, which is right before he blows the whistle.

Holy cow, some of the callers up there on Detroit sports radio 97.1FM are just livid. Check out the sports talk from the http://www.971theticket.com/ website. (click on Listen Live)

Boston down 2-1, Wings down 2-1, Chicago down 2-1, and Pittsburgh down 2-1. This sucks. All the teams I thought would be up are losing. I think Detroit and Chicago have the best chances of coming back, and I hope Pittsburgh - Wash goes to seven, but whoever wins I don't care. I would'nt cry if Carolina bumped Boston either.

The wiznewski injury is really going to hurt Anaheim, if not now, then definetly in the long run, as he has been playing so good for them. I like Detroit's chances in the next two games, and by then Raf and Draper should hopefully be available.

Oh, and goodbye Phoenix.

Rafalski coming back would be HUGE, but I don't ever hear about him coming back?! Wings were hosed on that goal, for sure. It's NOT a reviewable play, the ref just called the play too early... where was he when he decided to blow the whistle? Those things happen, though.

Been great playoffs so far...

Herr Kruger

Well, it's good to see the Blackhawks advance to the semis.

Tonight was a crazy night for hockey. Both games were outstanding, but the chicago game was insane. Multiple lead changes, each team comes back from behind, the star forwards for each team showed up, and Luongo of all people lets in 7! goals. If this keeps up people are going to be talking about these playoffs for a long long time.

That was a roller coaster of a game. I didn't think the wings were gonna win that game after Anaheim scored to tie it up in the third. Despite all the wings efforts, Anaheim kept coming back, and it seemed that all the breaks were going their way. But wings finally caught a break with cleary's goal, and that was it. Ducks couldn't do anything after that. Now I hope the wings have something left for Chicago after that exhausting series.

Well well well, rematch time, Wings vs. Pens yet again. Should be a great series, I just hope the refs don't screw it up.

I'm sure there will be lots of talk about Hossa wanting to play for the Wings after last years cup run.

Well... my DeadWings have certainly had the Puck-Luck go their way. Lots of lucky bounces off the goalie and goalposts. Several non-calls by the refs, some resulting in scores. The Pens are really getting frustrated.

How about that Malkin meltdown at the end of Game-2...? No suspension for instigator, however.

Game-3 on the Pens ice should be a barn-burner...!

Cheers,

Ken