hosting MP games?

synchro

as i may have said i was online over year ago. i now live somewhere where the juction box is on the floor above and my ISP on basic package lets me UL at 110kBs [from london, i'm uk based] and DL at about 850kBs [this is far faster than my old ISP which UL'd at 25kBs and DL'd at 220kBs...

i ran a wargame on 1/300th scale to recreate this but found the rules tiresome and awkward [Flames of War is skirmish only] and the table was nowhere near big enough to handle the sheer numbers of vehicles and so a turn could take hours to complete!

now, i'm interested in hosting a home made campaign or battles eventually. i've always wanted to play prokhorovka as close to the historical accounts as possible - dry, dusty day in summer with clouds of dust confusing battle and suicidal T34 charges to close the distance to the outranging guns of the SS Pz Korps.

from what i've read the russkis bravely charged - firing all guns on the move - to close the distance to the german tanks and almost rammed into them head on [only those crazy russians could attempt such a manouvre! gotta admire those guys] just to get POINT BLANK shots at panthers, tigers and PzIVGs as well as german support vehicles [radio trucks, halftracks, Coy HQ, Pz admin vehicles etc]. the threat from the germans was very real at this location and, despite the months of russki preparation for the german offensive, the germans had a real chance at breaking thru here, hence the desperate use of their reserves.

what i want to now is - is 110kBs [tops] UL enough to host a battle on this scale? i understand jabos, tankbusters and other air support were fighting a desperate battle in the skies to gain superiority/supremacy. the idea that 3 IL2s making a strafing run on a buncha PzIIILs whilst FWs try to discourage them WITH russki fighters on THEIR tail, while twin 37mm pod carrying stukas

struggle to pick out russki tanks in the swirling dirt without hitting their own in the malaise, is someting i've always wanted to do.

but have i got the bandwirth to do it?

i like the idea of several players on each side commanding their own units, leaving doubts, after them maybe winning their respective battle, but worrying whether their neighbouring units have collapsed, leaving them outflanked. do they push on? always fascinated me this battle.

is it doable? or has it been done already?

thnx

ps, installed the UBER patch.. now for the JSH update. hope it works. been waiting to play this game for so long.

thnx guys :rolleyes: