asking for directions

synchro

i dl'd and installed ToW yesterday. it's v1.2 something or other so don't need uber patch [er.. right???] but want to know if there are any free mission packs going. i dl'd trois ponts and jsh from repository. i found links that talked of mission packs but no dl links to free ones. are MPs 'buy' only?

don't know whether to install jsh patch. my game works fine. i don't wanna take the risk [it's happened so many times when i've installed a patch/update and the software has been wrecked and had to reinstall everything - and sometimes even that didn't get the game working again cos newer files couldn't be replaced with older more stable files in the game folder [i think]]

most of my games are bf [CM range were superb] but i'm finding the dls lists/links bewildering. all these questions pop into my mind - is my dl'd version considered the retail version for update purposes? is it considered kalypso version? do i need to use the uber patch even tho it is older version than my installed game?? do i need any mission packs? CAN I GET ANY FREE MISSION PACKS?? he he

sorry but been ofline for a while so quite the noob.

thnx

again. can't edit my post.

anyway... i don't have a moscow folder in my tow missions folder but the jsh patch puts one there with an .xml file in which is not a mission. since i have no mission packs installed i want to know if i should install the jsh patch cos there are files there that obv apply to MPs or something i do not have installed.

maybe i should start a new thread.

You downloaded the game from Battlefront website? Absolutely install the uberpatch for Battlefront version then, it adds 2 new campaigns for example. In addition, JSH mod is designed for latest game version.

So install the uberpatch and then JSH mod again.

Actually, version 1.2 does not include the Überpatch. The Überpatch is version 1.10. 10 is higher than 2 :) I do admit that it can be confusing at first glance. You should get the Überpatch for sure.

PS. Editing posts is only possible for a short time after you make a post. IIRC 30 mins or so.

Actually, version 1.2 does not include the Überpatch. The Überpatch is version 1.10. 10 is higher than 2 :) I do admit that it can be confusing at first glance. You should get the Überpatch for sure.

PS. Editing posts is only possible for a short time after you make a post. IIRC 30 mins or so.

riiiight. so i have 1.2 but uber patchj is 1.1??? why would this be done?

i cannot be the only person who is wondering why not just rename uber to 1.21? i've had to waste a day of valuable gameplay waiting to find out that a 1.1 patch/update is actually 1.2x.

ANYWAYS!!! thanks, guys!!! i'm about to start the dl now. can't wait. THEN i install the JSH.

but... as for jsh do i just extract the contents straight into the main bf game folder?

as for editing - i can only edit when i reply to my own post instead of logically editing the original post and by then it's too late to edit. makes no sense at all.

thnx for the reply but i beieve this must be a site problem if i can only edit replies to my own posts. editing the original makes much more sense. otherwise i'm just eating up thread space by rplying to my own posts.

no sense at all.

maybe this could be fixed. i LUV bf games but the site and this patch/edit thing is a bit sloppy. the games are damn good tho.

thanks again!!!

damn it's good to be back playing bf games!!!