CTD CMBO all but QBs

CMBO CTD all scenarios but Quick Battles. Checked to make sure that the extensions are correct on the scenario filenames, tried copying scenarios off the CD to make sure the ones on the HD are not corrupted, no go.

Some scenarios start, but shortly after getting to the "game" they CTD. Oddly enough, when the scenario starts, it often has a camera view that is way off the map!

Running windows 98 on a 350Mhz Aptiva, never had this happen in all my CM time before!?

Truly strange.

Delete your prefs file and reselect your resolution. I highly suggest you kill anything and everything in memory before starting up CM. Are you using any tweaker programs for video or anything else performance-wise ? Which driver version are you using and did the problem start with this particular driver installation ?

Kyro based card with the latest drivers from Hercules, latest version of DirectX,(not the Beta), have tried reinstalling sound drivers (on board ESS Solo), video drivers, directX, and CMBO, all to no avail. I use Powerstrip to tweek brightness settings, but have tried with and without Powerstrip with no improvement. I could save a file and send it to you if you are interested. Cheers.