I think my game have a problem

CorTrem

I don't know if its normal, but when i play the close range hit with panther over another tank and it does not kill it. 5 meters away take so many round to kill. Is it me or soemthing is wrong? I have the uber patch. i hope its me because this is very anoying.

You are playing a game that is employing real world physics to track hits and armor penetrations, not abstracted hit points or damage thresholds. Therefore, the rule that the closer you are the more damage you do does not always apply. You may in fact be TOO close, the shells may be shattering upon impact, or you may be hitting an area of the enemy tank which is frankly not very important (and/or already destroyed anyway).

Try varying your aim point (turret, hull, chassis) and try getting a different firing angle on the target for maximum effect.

I'll try.

btw i really like your game, graphics are spectacular, and the animations make the environnement look alive.

I was not even born during WWII, but i was finding really funny to see a tank going nose to nose with the ennemy. To the point it was looking more like a police car chase than a tank battle. I almost thought that the tank will make the other one ditch by "bumber" hitting one. I am too use to play CM. There's must be it.

I am also looking foward the new TOW2. And will it work on vista 64?

Thank for your response

Richard

I am running TOW2 Russian demo on Vista64 and have had no problems. If you try it, be sure to set "Run as Admin" in program properties. Sneaksie pointed out that Vista wouldn't allow the program to save option changes such as screen resolution when it's not run as Admin.

I have a quad core and I have not seen any of the game freeze issues with sound/shadows/multi core that plagued the original TOW.