Mud mod Marder

Hi

Just wanted to tell you that I´ve uploaded a muddy mod-version of Uncle Tgt´s grey Marder and Wespe.

My reasons for making the mod is simple: I´ve always thought that the BFC standard vehicles look a little too clean and neat. Like they´re just coming out of the factory and haven´t been anywhere near a battlefield. For this reason I´ve begun to collect the various dirty/muddy/dusty modded versions of the vehicles that I could find at cmmods.com. Unfortunately, not all the AFVs are to be found in dirty versions. One of those I couldn´t find was the Marder III, so I decided to try to make my very first vehicle mod.

Once I had found out how Gautrek´s great vehicle mod tutorial works with photoshop, I discovered it wasn´t that complicated after all. But maybe this is because I haven´t done much more than just smear a bit of mud and a few streaks of rust on Uncle Tgt´s mods.

Anyway, please feel free to tell me what you think of them. I´ll probably be splashing mud on some other AFVs soon.

Cheers

Here some pics:

marderqb8.jpg

w320.png

wespecy5.jpg

w320.png

Hi Waffen Camo

I think it is the scenario "Stalingrad Station" - but a version edited to suit my Stalingrad-ish building mods. Anyway, I just used the map from the scenario as a backdrop for these screenshots - they´re not from an actual game.

You can see more info about the mods below.

A bit of warning if you want to use the mods, though: Due to the limitations of the game the mods are far from perfect. You should thus read the readme files before use, in order to avoid unpleasant surprises. Or read this thread:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=259

Cheers

Umlaut

awesome mod umlaut, goy it love it, one thing left me wondering, what scenario or map is your marder in?

@ WAFFEN CAMO: If you´d like to enjoy UMLAUTs Stalingradish City look, have a look at his "City Salient" operation. It´s the best city map I´ve seen so far! 8) Too bad, it´s obviously made for vs AI play only, as otherwise I´d like to have a PBEM with it.:)

@ Umlaut: Fully agree with the fresh out of factory looks of most textures in the game. The Marder looks just right for my taste! :) While most modders concentrate on how to get the best "tri camo" something looks on their vehicles, it´s oftenly forgotten, that the best camo available is plain "dirt". Also counts for the majority of infantry textures. Hate that freshsly polished boots ect.

@Harry: Thanks a lot for the comment on "City Salient". And point taken about the lack of a H2H-version: I know, I know, but I´m just not really a H2H-player (for various reasons, one of them probably being that I hate to lose ;-)) and I fear it´ll be hell trying to balance this scenario. So I´m still sort of building up the courage for giving it a try.

As for the infantry, I too have been considering modding uniforms: Muddy boots, green/brown knees and elbows - and perhaps brown seats of pants? But it will be a huge task, so I don´t think it will be on MY plate in the forseeable future.

@ chrizwit2: Yeah, that always seem to be the problem with mods: Once you´ve made one look just right, it also means you´ve made all the others look wrong. But I´m working on it and I´ll soon have a muddy version of MikeyD´s Pz III F & G ready. Don´t know how many I´ll make though.

cheers

@Harry: Thanks a lot for the comment on "City Salient". And point taken about the lack of a H2H-version: I know, I know, but I´m just not really a H2H-player (for various reasons, one of them probably being that I hate to lose ;-)) and I fear it´ll be hell trying to balance this scenario. So I´m still sort of building up the courage for giving it a try.

No problem with "balancing", I don´t care about winning or loosing (basicly :D ) and if you have anything ready that you want to try PBEM, just send me a setup. And if it´s just something that gives me reason to play your gorgeous map! :)

As for the infantry, I too have been considering modding uniforms: Muddy boots, green/brown knees and elbows - and perhaps brown seats of pants? ...

LOL :D

I once tried to make dirty boots for germans and the result was actually quite satisfying. If I´d only know where I backupped those files to...:P