Theater of war sucks, so finish this!

RickWelch

I wasted 65 bucks including shipping on TOW. Work on the engine that works, is realistic, and isn't a sellout to the xbox generation. The only resemblance of TOW to real combat is that bullets are being fired. TOW models Treadhead stuph okay, but not great, and is miserable as far as grunt stuph goes.

While I agree with your opinion, shouldn't this be posted in the TOW section?

Regarding this thread, I'm one of the many who have the vista / nvidia 8xxx & 9xxx compatability problem and therefore will not be able to play CMC (if it is ever released). I had given up posting to this thread after receiving several rude and condescending responses from (a very few) of my "fellow" gamers and non-responses from Battlefront.

I guess this post should be here, since this is where the people that dislike crappy games like ToW go to reflect on things of the past that most likely never will be the same. *sigh.

To be fair, if anything, wait for CMx2 Normany ww2 thingie. It took me ages to get into, but CMSF is a good game, it's just a boring setting imho. Good things are on the horizon! But not in this subforum I think. By the time this is done, we'll all be having Windows 7 SP3 compatibility issues, nvm Vista issues.

To be fair, if anything, wait for CMx2 Normany ww2 thingie. It took me ages to get into, but CMSF is a good game, it's just a boring setting imho. Good things are on the horizon! But not in this subforum I think. By the time this is done, we'll all be having Windows 7 SP3 compatibility issues, nvm Vista issues.

ditto!

or in the OP language...the Stuph in CMSF is so dumb and lame! stuph suxs bad in CMSF.

wait for the CMXX (see it is 2 Xs...instead of CMX2, i wrote it as CMXX! pretty cool stuph, eh?) and prey it is good!

:D

I don't post here much. When I do it's because I'm thrilled or P_ssed. Today I'm the latter and being as anticipathic as the rest of you over Campaigns I stumbled upon RickWelch's post while seeking truths and answers about Campaigns.

I must say, RW, that you are far too kind in your assessment of TOW. I finally bought it a few weeks ago (fortunately at about half of what you paid) hoping to pacify my anemic hopes in Campaigns. I wish I had my money back! This game has been out close to two years? Am I right? And yes I did play the Demo when it first came out. I wasn't too impressed then but you know how it is with these publishers - after two or three patches you often have a pretty decent sim. So I bit and then got to see all the things the Demo didn't show you. After two years, where are all the mods? Why do I have to write code if I want to have triggers in any custom senarios? Who desided an Elite Tiger could be outgunned by an Regular Cromwell and where the hell is my PzIII Gs, Hs, Ls etc.? I don't like incoming shells that sound a church organs and I don't know what you call the aircraft. But the graphics are pretty so I guess the main idea was covered wasn't it? And finally in the Campaign mode where is the Continuity that makes it a Campaign in the first place. And what happened to 1942 in the German Campaign? I was going to try to add some of the 11th Pz Division's stellar actions of Dec. 1942 to this Campaign but nuts to that! First of all I'm not a software wiz and second where are the units I need (engineers? light calibre mortars? 251 variations? anti aircraft guns?) This package ain't worth the trouble! And I haven't even touched on how the game plays. It's a good thing I'm not green otherwise I might find the AI's attack on the trees not nearly as amusing as I do.

I think this is the perfect place to post this kind of message. We've been waiting 4 years for Campaigns. So if you are frustrated with my post - so am I! Just so y'all know I'm waiting with equal enthusiasm on The Creative Assembly's "Total War Imperialism". I am a loyal Battlefront customer but don't do a TOW to me again!

I think this is the perfect place to post this kind of message. We've been waiting 4 years for Campaigns. So if you are frustrated with my post - so am I! Just so y'all know I'm waiting with equal enthusiasm on The Creative Assembly's "Total War Imperialism". I am a loyal Battlefront customer but don't do a TOW to me again!

I had the same humbling lesson, as did a lot of other loyal fans, just makes us a bit more careful, which is not a bad thing I suppose.

Btw you might be better of waiting for Empire: Total War, that will only take 4 weeks or so :-)

Btw you might be better of waiting for Empire: Total War, that will only take 4 weeks or so :-)

:eek:That's definitely a freudian slip. I'm sure you meant that he should be waiting for Histwar les Grognard, and that's only a couple of weeks more.;)

Are you sure on the release of Histwar:Les Grognard? :confused:

No, nobody is. There is talk of a LG release coming a couple of months after ETW, ie April/May.

So, if RickW is looking for "grunt stuph", LG is what he should be waiting for, not ETW.

I meant Empire Total War. Just got my memory mixed up. Empire looks hot and is due March 3rd or 4th!

:eek: Oh no! Not again! Someone get these TotalWar fanboys off the forums!:rolleyes:

Just kidding, guys. Histwar: Les Grognards is what you should be waiting for. It's going to be much better (perhaps not for the graphics, but certainly in terms of historical accuracy and gaming experience, no doubt about that).

malaspina

LG fanboy

Nothing wrong with Total War and he is right... Empire is looking hot. :P

I play Europa Universalis 3, which is my game of choice at the moment. For a long while I was on a Civ4 kick too. I did a ton of Call of Duty 4 when I was in Iraq. And *gasp* I WoW on occasion as well. I don't call myself a big dork without just cause.

So uh... what was the point of this post? Histwar is definitely on my 'can't wait' list and Total War is looking hot. Oh yeah.... and C'mon CM Normandy!

While I agree with your opinion, shouldn't this be posted in the TOW section?

Regarding this thread, I'm one of the many who have the vista / nvidia 8xxx & 9xxx compatability problem and therefore will not be able to play CMC (if it is ever released). I had given up posting to this thread after receiving several rude and condescending responses from (a very few) of my "fellow" gamers and non-responses from Battlefront.

Hey it's not our fault you use that crappy on the way out Vista OS. You could have had XP installed, but, you chose Vista so suffer for your mistake don't blame it on Battlefront or other gamers. I bought a new computer recently and it has XP installed, so, don't act like you had no choice.

As for those waiting on Empire Total War you are going to just waste your money yet again. CA has been promising greatness ever since that horrible RTW initial release and the game and that miserable AI hasn't improved yet. I don't see this one making any progress either. But, if you just care about graphics and little gameplay or challenge then by all means waste your money. I'm not.