WIP New Campaign All American Screaming Eagles

Gnasher

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of an update...

I'm currently working on a St Mere Eglese mission which will be the 1st in the campaign. I've had loads of issues with this sucker, initially I broke the map & had to spend many, many hours debugging it. Now I've fixed the map & broken the mission! :(

If I create a BG mission I can get the map to load ok, but if I try to run my mission on it bombs out, doesn't CTD as such because ToW is still running & I have to give it a 3 fingered salute & end the process, all very strange indeed.

I think I'll just start again from scratch PITA though..................

• 3 months later...

@ Tartari & Gnasher:

Are you guys still working on this project?

I've finished importing in ToW my Horsa glider. if you're still working on this campaign, it is available to you. There are several versions: a crashed one, an intact one, and one with the tail detached and the ramp downed for downloading cargo.

I'm planning to do a Waco to, but didn't start working on it yet.

Oh Yeah!

Knokke,

Still interested in doing a Market Garden thing? I'm well up for it!

I'm also ineterested in doing an Eastern D-Day/Normandy Ranville campaign. I've got good names for the campaigns too:-

MG - It Never Snows in September

&

DD - The Day the Devils Dropped In

Both taken from excellent books on the respective subjects.

Knokke,

Still interested in doing a Market Garden thing? I'm well up for it!

More than ever. I'm working hard on it, but there are so many things to do still. At the moment, I'm doing a lot of modelling, because I need a lot of static objects to make the maps as realistic as I can. So, I didn't start doing any mission yet; I'm only modeling the landmarks I need for my Grave map (this is a test map to see if I 'm able do do what I want). I'm still banging my head against a brick wall, as there are a few problems I didn't solve yet, but I don't want to stop, and I'll do what is needed to succeed :)

Next step is to do a working bunker, and then, fully working buidings(at the moment, I've only one building "a la Tow1"). So, still a lot to be done; I'm only at the beginning. I'm not even thinking about a campaign: only one map, as it was in 1944. I've found a lot of documentation about the place in the 40s, maps, postcards, aerial recon photographs, so I want to make it as exact as possible.

now we only need to know how to use a new skycube texture for european theatre, and how to write a shader for the trees shadows :)

I just figured how to change the skycube!! :)

The sky is just wip, too lightcoloured here!

Now, I'll look for the tree shaders!

grab_232.jpg

grab_233.jpg