Must have Book from Amazon

Good lord almighty, it's $8,539.00. I didn't look at the price and scrolled down to the 1st review and saw he got a good bargain at $7,000. I about spit out my coffee. This must be a joke right? :confused:

Well, let's see what the user review says:

"I picked up a copy at my local used book store at a discount. It was only $7,000 so I feel like it was a HUGE bargain. What value! First let me say that the book does start off a little slow but once you get into the third chapter, "Silicon Molecules: We Hardly Knew Ye'", you just can't put this book down. It isn't without it's moments though. The contrast between antagonist and protagonist is just simply fantastic. I highly suggest reading this book by flashlight under the covers or in a homemade fort/tent in your bedroom. A+ and Highly recommended!"

Joke? Nah...

wow! talk about sticker shock!

I can hardly wait for the sequels:

Chemical Shifts and Coupling Constants for Silicon-28 (Landolt-Bornstein: Numerical Data and Functional Relationships in Science and Technology - New Series)

Chemical Shifts and Coupling Constants for Silicon-30 (Landolt-Bornstein: Numerical Data and Functional Relationships in Science and Technology - New Series)

Amazon is a bargain.

It's 14,000$ at Indigo/Chapters.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Chemical-Shifts-Coupling-Constants-Silicon-R-R-Gupta/9783540452775-item.html?pticket=rw4o2bajrwreihigajpq22veSeXwTxyP0Q05OxszwS6HYVmsTfY%3d

Ah....Canadian dollars. Still cheaper at Amazon even with the exchange. And you can get the 10 bucks off at Amazon because you're spending 50$ or more.

Review from the new place...

"My kid probably will have to skrimp on some college costs due to my great buy but i will leave him this book in my will and if my wife has anything to do with it, he will get it shortly."

It pays to shop around! There's tons of used copies available for under 4000$

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Chemical+Shifts+and+Coupling&x=0&y=0

Maybe not...those are for different elements and not Silicon. Christ, this guy must be raking it in . He's written like 6 books and they're all like 5-6 frikking thousand dollars each!!!

Christ, this guy must be raking it in . He's written like 6 books and they're all like 5-6 frikking thousand dollars each!!!

But he's playing to a small audience. Other than a few freaks and college libraries, who's gonna buy his books? You ever see one of his books at the top of the NYT best seller list?

Michael

Sergei : )

mind you given your name is pronounced Sir Gay .... ouch

Peterk

"My kid probably will have to skrimp on some college costs due to my great buy but i will leave him this book in my will and if my wife has anything to do with it, he will get it shortly."

very funny

ME:

His publisher is not putting enough welly behind the promotion tour and public signings!