If you want a good partizan game then you need to put in place some of the dilemas of that kind of warfare rather than just a straight fight. For instance having to ambush a lightly armed convoy but not getting caught by a security team. Crossing the board to capture flags, some of which are heavily defended and others not. Having to move across terrain like rivers without being spotted. Crossing a map and exiting for points.

cheers

Saw Defiance today. Though I am not Jewish, saw it in a special showing with just about everyone else in the theatre being so. Wonderful movie. But it stops me, for awhile, playing simulations like this. I kept thinking.....the Germans actually have better tactical doctine than seen in the movie....then feeling terrible about the thought, and what happened after the front-line moved forward.

The Soviets, I think, actually came off rather well in this film.

DF

For anybody else looking, I found some scenarios. Did a search for Aliies->partisans over at SDII and here's the results. I'm currently playing "SB Hunting Slobo's Band" as the Hungarians. The others look pretty good too.

I also found an operation over at TPG called "Hunt for Vasili" by JasonC. This is the only operation I found that has partisans in it. I'll probably give a try.

Unfortunately your "results" link didn't capture the results... I think that is a quirk of the site rather than the link.

I did a search at TSD with "partisan" as the key word and selected CMBB. I found 21. Many from Hans. I tested DEY's "DEY-unFair Weather Warriors" a long time ago. I recall that I enjoyed the battle.

I have one on that list... "Dukla Pass - Slovak Uprising." Based on historical events late in the war, this one has several small engagements in the beginning. A partisan uprising in the rear of the strategic Dukla Pass in Slovakia. Partisans and Soviet airborne attempt to hinder German reinforcements to the front. The Germans must regain control of the road to Dukla Pass and exit troops. Might be a good two-player game. Just checked, this site is still available, a good read: http://duklapass.org/

For CM, I prefer the circa 1942 partisan with the blue shirts. Real irregulars... 8 man squads. Platoons are split between squads with only rifles and the "heavy" squad with a SMG and LMG. Late war partisans are equipped exactly like their Red Army counterparts which loses their mystique.

Please do try "Hunt for Vasili". And let me know how it goes.

Balance wise, that is meant to be played by 2 humans. You should be able to win vs the AI with either side, probably too easily. The AI can't be expected to "get" all the objectives or their changes through time, like a human can.