Where is everyone?

Kim Bruning

It was at 7:30 PM EST (GMT -5). Don't know if anyone's remembered this game other than you and me. I've been busy in the Steel Beasts community after everyone just disappeared in November.

And I can make it. :)

\o/ Though, admittedly, my first thought was "Ut oh, a human! He's gonna kick my behind". You didn't quite manage :-P

Tell me more about steel beasts?

It's a armored warfare simulation of a battle between the Soviet Union and NATO forces from the late 1980's on. They're hard at work on a patch to it that will introduce new vehicles and other nice stuff. Here's the link to the site:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/

Take a look at the forums, you'll find a thread about the upcoming patch. This sim has a steep learning curve, though it's mild compared to other sims, but it's worth it for sheer immersion. There's no other equivalent out there, which is why the majority of Europe's armies use it.

There are 2 virtual units (VUs), or armies as other gamers would call them, the Steel Beasts Generals (the VU I'm in right now), and Panzer Battalion 911 (a German community). My involvement with the Generals means I won't be able to play DropTeam regularly. :( But they're a impressive group, and I'm glad I got into them and the game.

Hi guys. Apart from not finding anybody online anymore, I´ve also found it more difficult to free up enough time for computergames other than a quick half our of FPS or trackmania here and there.

I think I´ll let DropTeam die peacefully and wait for Dropteam2.

I´m considering giving CMSF a second chance now that it appears that online play works.

Anywho I won´t erase DT from my harddrive, just in case there is a grand reunion :)

;1116705']Hi guys. Apart from not finding anybody online anymore, I´ve also found it more difficult to free up enough time for computergames other than a quick half our of FPS or trackmania here and there.

I think I´ll let DropTeam die peacefully and wait for Dropteam2.

I´m considering giving CMSF a second chance now that it appears that online play works.

Anywho I won´t erase DT from my harddrive, just in case there is a grand reunion :)

I think we should wait for DT2 too, but I'll keep watching in the event there is a grand reunion. And I'll email Clay and ask him how DT2 is coming along.

Hey guys. I've been too busy myself for much online gameplay lately. The two years or so that the Sunday afternoon battle was going on provided some great times with good friends, but time marches on. Anyway, I too will be waiting for the day DT2 drops and look forward to seeing you guys on the battlefield once again...someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I also haven't been able to make the Sunday or Wednesday games for a while, and I have to say I feel guilty because I ducked out before a lot of you did. I would love to get back playing, and I honestly think I could pull off Sundays again, but so far only 5 people (not counting me) have posted here. I started skipping games when we started getting to only 4 people a round or so; it just didn't get interesting enough without many humans. (Also, I lost some spirit after my ill-fated attempt to install DT on Linux.) If enough people post here and think they can keep playing, I will definitely join in, and I'll be checking the forums or even watching for people online on Sundays. Unfortunately, unless we can muster more than 6 players at most, I think that as much as I hate to say it I will have to also give DropTeam an honorable retirement and look forward to seeing you all when DT2 lands.

Phonan