Just a few questions

gkluca

Hi guys,

i've read everything that's avaible about EoS, but i've got the following questions:

1. How the combat works?
  2. How many type of unit there are?
  3. Have they some kind of special abilities?
  4. Combat experience?
  5. Is it possible to plan different stance of our unit? (something like Laser squas nemesis)

Keep on developing :D

Hi guys,

i've read everything that's avaible about EoS, but i've got the following questions:

[*]How the combat works?

Combat works similarly to games like Civilization except that units have separate combat abilities against the seven unit categories (below). For example, Battleships don't have one combat value. Rather, they have combat values against each unit category. This means battleships are good against ships, but weaker against submarines. Destroyers, on the other hand, are a better choice for attacking submarines.

Terrain also affects combat results.

[*]How many type of unit there are?

Units fall into seven categories: Soft Ground units (infantry, artillery), Armor, Aircraft, Missiles, Ships, Submarines, and Space (e.g. Satellites)

[*]Have they some kind of special abilities?

There aren't really any special combat abilities. Some units can build airfields, Infantry can entrench (giving them a defensive bonus), and submarines are difficult to see. But there isn't anything like Starcraft's special abilities (like "Plague" or "Archon").

[*]Combat experience?

No, combat units don't gain experience.

[*]Is it possible to plan different stance of our unit? (something like Laser squas nemesis)

I'm not familiar with Laser squad nemesis, but you can give "field orders" to your units. The field orders determine what they do when they suddenly encounter an enemy units. They can be set to attack all enemy units, attack enemy units if they are weaker than your unit, and some other variations.