Gaudete! It's A New Peng Challenge Thread!

Reading the directions.

The last resort of the unimaginative...

Don't you mean the first resort of the unimaginative? Or, the last resort of the imaginative. Or, I'm disappointed, although not surprised, by your lack of imagination...?

Something along those lines, yes?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, Emrys, if you're going to pretend to be a engine grog,

Get your numbers right. The A model is the one with the R-1300, which had a single row of cylinders and only put out 800hp.

Kewl! Engine nerds are gonna start slapping each other! Will there be tears and cries of "no Fair!" and "he pulled my hair!"?

Kewl! Engine nerds are gonna start slapping each other! Will there be tears and cries of "no Fair!" and "he pulled my hair!"?
Oh probably not ... Michael will likely sniff in disdain, toss his head and cut Lars dead ... Lars, being Lars, will be oblivious and will continue to prattle on about cylinders and connecting shafts.

Pretty boring actually but with Michael and Lars can you really expect anything better?

Joe

Says the guy who somehow manages to get lost on the way to the bathroom. His own bathroom, mind. Could there be such a thing as a little too much imagination?

Michael

Now Michael, let's be fair ... Boo Radley has a lot on his mind at those times ... Unzip, Aim THEN Pee ... Unzip, Aim THEN Pee ... it's not surprising that he loses his way.

Joe

Says the guy who somehow manages to get lost on the way to the bathroom. His own bathroom, mind. Could there be such a thing as a little too much imagination?

Michael

Asks the guy who lives in a rich fantasy world where people praise him for his pedantry and heap accolades upon him for his coma inducing monologues.

Oh probably not ... Michael will likely sniff in disdain, toss his head and cut Lars dead ... Lars, being Lars, will be oblivious and will continue to prattle on about cylinders and connecting shafts.

Pretty boring actually but with Michael and Lars can you really expect anything better?

Joe

Did you hear the one about changing the dead battery at -19F?

Good thing I have a garage, as the wind chill is -34F. Wee bit parky out today.

Still, I hate it when the socket wrenches stick to your fingers.

Did you hear the one about changing the dead battery at -19F?

Good thing I have a garage, as the wind chill is -34F. Wee bit parky out today.

Still, I hate it when the socket wrenches stick to your fingers.

[sNEER]Wind chill ... [/sNEER] ... wimp, talk to me when the TEMPERATURE gets down to -40. And anyway, since when is wind chill a factor in a garage.

Joe

Golly, offend you? I wouldn't know where to start, there is so much to choose from.
Just make sure you understand the consequences. For example Rule 6 is quite clear ...

If A gives B the lie and B retorts by a blow (being the two greatest offences), no reconciliation can take place till after two discharges each or a severe hit, after which B may beg A's pardon for the blow, and then A may explain simply for the lie, because a blow is never allowable, and the offence of the lie, therefore, merges in it. (See preceding rule.)

Giving me the lie OR striking me can have critical results as you can see, however some lesser offense may allow additional options.

Joe