Gaudete! It's A New Peng Challenge Thread!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as it's falling on you and not me it's okay. You have to learn to appreciate the beauty in nature, Boo. Think how gorgeous it is going to be when it all melts suddenly and you get wonderful flooding. Imagine your whole town awash up to the hip! You'll be able to go boating right from your front door! Wow!

Michael

Saith the gooberest goober of them all.

Michael

By definition Australia is the gooberest of goober nations so it stands to reason that an Australian would be the gooberest goober.

Add to that the fact that Stuka STILL hasn't sent a turn in, like forever, and it's a pretty damning indictment.

In other news I'm currently playing Leeo, Nidan1 and Wolfp Mk II in CMSF USMC battles. I promised one to Berli but I'm reminded of a book I read about a guy who had a stomach ulcer and, at that time, part of the treatment involved running a gastrointestinal tube into the stomach. At the end of the tube they had a balloon that they inflated to heal the ulcer but to keep constant pressure on it, it had to be attached to weights at the other end. They needed 10 pounds but he asked his doctor to start with 5 pounds since the pain was just too great if he went with the full 10 pounds immediately.

Playing Berli at the same time would be like going with the full 10 pounds right off the bat. Why, you may ask, would it be like going with 5 pounds instead of 7.5 pounds ... c'mon ... it's not like Nidan1 counts for the full 2.5 pounds and I defy anyone to show me that Leeo is anything more than 1.5 pounds.

Joe

By definition Australia is the gooberest of goober nations so it stands to reason that an Australian would be the gooberest goober.

Add to that the fact that Stuka STILL hasn't sent a turn in, like forever, and it's a pretty damning indictment.

In other news I'm currently playing Leeo, Nidan1 and Wolfp Mk II in CMSF USMC battles. I promised one to Berli but I'm reminded of a book I read about a guy who had a stomach ulcer and, at that time, part of the treatment involved running a gastrointestinal tube into the stomach. At the end of the tube they had a balloon that they inflated to heal the ulcer but to keep constant pressure on it, it had to be attached to weights at the other end. They needed 10 pounds but he asked his doctor to start with 5 pounds since the pain was just too great if he went with the full 10 pounds immediately.

Playing Berli at the same time would be like going with the full 10 pounds right off the bat. Why, you may ask, would it be like going with 5 pounds instead of 7.5 pounds ... c'mon ... it's not like Nidan1 counts for the full 2.5 pounds and I defy anyone to show me that Leeo is anything more than 1.5 pounds.

Joe

Ah, so I see you've gotten your dirty claws on CMSF? That leaves me no choice but to challenge you, old foul joe to a game of CMSF:Marines. And since it is I that challenge you, you can pick the setup. I am already playing nidan1, but he just keeps asking why his tanks look so funny, and not like the T-34s he's seen (not read mind you) in books.

Ah, so I see you've gotten your dirty claws on CMSF? That leaves me no choice but to challenge you, old foul joe to a game of CMSF:Marines. And since it is I that challenge you, you can pick the setup.
I've tried, GAWD knows I've tried but when dealing with the lower classes it IS a trial.

Lad you've clearly not paid careful attention (or likely enough ANY attention) to the Irish Code Duello which governs all CessPool challenges.

Rule 13 specifically states:

Rule 13. No dumb shooting or firing in the air is admissible in any case. The challenger ought not to have challenged without receiving offense; and the challenged ought, if he gave offense, to have made an apology before he came on the ground; therefore, children's play must be dishonorable on one side or the other, and is accordingly prohibited.
Now clearly ANY attempt by you to play CMSF is the direct equivalent of dumb shooting and I'd point out that you ought not to have challenged without receiving offense. As I gave no offense but merely pointed out the truth of the matter ... i.e. you ARE a Goobernational ... then, as Rule 13 clearly states, children's play is dishonorable and is prohibited.

Furtherless, Rule 17 states the following:

Rule 17. The challenged chooses his ground; the challenger chooses his distance; the seconds fix the time and terms of firing.
So as you can see I would be the one to choose ground (i.e. the game) while YOU would choose the distance (i.e. the size of the battle) and may I point out that a GENTLEMAN utilizes a second to arrange matters.

Lad the irregularities in your so-called challenge boggle the mind. It's all in black and white lad ... you only have to be able to READ.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/duel/sfeature/rulesofdueling.html

Goobernationals ... who's idea was it to let them join? Seanachai's no doubt ... stray puppies and Goobernationals at the door.

Joe

...I'm reminded of a book I read about a guy who had a stomach ulcer and, at that time, part of the treatment involved running a gastrointestinal tube into the stomach. At the end of the tube they had a balloon that they inflated to heal the ulcer but to keep constant pressure on it, it had to be attached to weights at the other end. They needed 10 pounds but he asked his doctor to start with 5 pounds since the pain was just too great if he went with the full 10 pounds immediately.

I note that you are faithfully maintaining your long standing tradition of incoherent ravings. That's good because I automatically do not try to puzzle out any sort of meaning in your posts. It makes life so much simpler in these complicated and troubling times.

Michael

Hey, ask Joe what just happened to his LAV AND his fully loaded, mind you, AAV.

By his wild blind counter fire, I'm assuming he hasn't spotted his tormenters just yet.

Oh joy, its great to be lo-tech.

BTW How do Aussies paractice safe sex?

That's easy they paint an X on the backs of the sheep that kick.

Hey, ask Joe what just happened to his LAV AND his fully loaded, mind you, AAV.

By his wild blind counter fire, I'm assuming he hasn't spotted his tormenters just yet.

Oh joy, its great to be lo-tech.

BTW How do Aussies paractice safe sex?

That's easy they paint an X on the backs of the sheep that kick.

One cannot make omelets without breaking eggs ... or, in this case, AAVs. It's not MY fault that the stupid scenario placed the bloody things out in the open with the instructions that mines were present. I'd not have set them up there you may be sure.

And I'm practicing urban, or in this case rural, restoration by destroying the odd shack at random. Certainly I could with ease destroy your troops but I feel that it's necessary to give you a bit of a compensating advantage ... you being you and all.

Michael I really must protest, I write these posts with a view to a larger audience than just you ... were that not the case I would accommodate you and use words no longer than two syllables.

Joe

Bah and Humbug on the lot of you. My primary training was on a T-34C Mentor. No, it wasn't the russian tank with wings. Nothing like a Model PT6A-25 turbo-prop engine to get you in the right frame of mind. Alas, like my beloved F-14, the T-34 is phased out. Its replacement is the T-6 Texan II. Blergh.... anything named after Texas can't be that good.

Rune

You're trying to be funny, right? The P-47 had the Pratt & Whitney Double Wasp R-2800 engine in various marks, a twin-row 18 cylinder engine rated upwards of 2,200 hp. The T-28 had the Wright Cyclone R-1300 single row 7 cylinder engine that in this application got no more than 1,425 hp.

Your comparison to P-51 wings is equally amusing. There may have been a family resemblance, such as exists between the A-20 and the A-26, but as in those cases was the outgrowth of a completely new design.

That your new signature? Good choice.

Michael

Let's see, I can take your word for it, or the guy's who was a Navy flight instructor in them.

Hmm...

Btw, Emrys, if you're going to pretend to be a engine grog,

In 1952, the Navy was impressed enough with the rugged Trojan that it contracted with NAA to build an improved version. The improved version was the T-28B. The "B" came equipped with the mighty Wright Cyclone R-1820, 1425 hp engine, Hamilton Standard 3-blade propeller, belly mounted speed brake, and many other changes and improvements.
Get your numbers right. The A model is the one with the R-1300, which had a single row of cylinders and only put out 800hp.

I've tried, GAWD knows I've tried but when dealing with the lower classes it IS a trial.

Lad you've clearly not paid careful attention (or likely enough ANY attention) to the Irish Code Duello which governs all CessPool challenges.

Rule 13 specifically states:

Now clearly ANY attempt by you to play CMSF is the direct equivalent of dumb shooting and I'd point out that you ought not to have challenged without receiving offense. As I gave no offense but merely pointed out the truth of the matter ... i.e. you ARE a Goobernational ... then, as Rule 13 clearly states, children's play is dishonorable and is prohibited.

Furtherless, Rule 17 states the following:

So as you can see I would be the one to choose ground (i.e. the game) while YOU would choose the distance (i.e. the size of the battle) and may I point out that a GENTLEMAN utilizes a second to arrange matters.

Lad the irregularities in your so-called challenge boggle the mind. It's all in black and white lad ... you only have to be able to READ.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/duel/sfeature/rulesofdueling.html

Goobernationals ... who's idea was it to let them join? Seanachai's no doubt ... stray puppies and Goobernationals at the door.

Joe

Only you could turn something as simple as showing up at dawn and pointing the loud explody thing the right direction into something this mind-numbingly...well...stupid. Allright I'll amuse you. Choose your ground, anything 'cept CMBO will do. But if you manage to find a gentleman around this part of town...

Only you could turn something as simple as showing up at dawn and pointing the loud explody thing the right direction into something this mind-numbingly...well...stupid. Allright I'll amuse you. Choose your ground, anything 'cept CMBO will do. But if you manage to find a gentleman around this part of town...
My Gawd but you're a dense one aren't you.

There was no offense given so no challenge can result!

Read the Code Duello lad, it explains all.

Joe