Gaudete! It's A New Peng Challenge Thread!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if that doesn't get Lars to sign up, then nothing will.

But knowing him, he'll be awash in fox pee, hiding up in a tree.

He won't be hunting or anything... he just likes sitting quietly in trees covered in eau de l'urine de renard.

I've mentioned to him that he might look for a different hobby, but he says he gets hours of enjoyment out of it and it's one of the few things he's really good at...

Four fingers of vodka? Isn't it easier to drink it out of a glass?

You're forgetting how primitive these buggers are. Why, some of them are even from some dark place called Australia where they perform unspeakable rituals involving such vile contrivances as the ones they call "barbies", proof positive that they have unwholesome attachments to inflatable dolls.

Michael

You're forgetting how primitive these buggers are. Why, some of them are even from some dark place called Australia where they perform unspeakable rituals involving such vile contrivances as the ones they call "barbies", proof positive that they have unwholesome attachments to inflatable dolls.

Michael

Barbie's aren't inflatable.

er... from what I've heard, that is.

So far as I know... from second-hand, third-person hearsay.

STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!

Who wishes that they had a spousal unit as awesome as the good Lady Baroness Von Stuka?

One who would get their gallant husband a Christmas present as thoughtful, as unexpected, as unashamedly freak'in cool as this?

_MG_7706.jpg

Now she didn't actually buy me an ex Air America, ex combat Trojan ground attack aircraft...

_MG_7732.jpg

But the next best thing....a joy flight in the damn thing!!

IMG_1149.jpg

Managed to pull almost 5G without passing out....

_MG_7733.jpg

and landed to tell the tale, only to be told by the pilot afterwards that the Yak I was scheduled to fly in had crashed the month earlier, unfortunately killing both pilot and passenger.

Still, hands up who loves the Lady Baroness Von Stuka!!!

W00T!

Who wishes that they had a spousal unit as awesome as the good Lady Baroness Von Stuka?

One who would get their gallant husband a Christmas present as thoughtful, as unexpected, as unashamedly freak'in cool as this?

_MG_7706.jpg

Now she didn't actually buy me an ex Air America, ex combat Trojan ground attack aircraft...

Looks like an A model? Or did they just take the hard points off of a D?

Next time, tell her you want the one with the big engine, and a hook on the tail. T-28C. Bit rare, but still, we must have standard here.

Otherwise, great gift.

You mean in a [snort] lousy little T-28? Well, I guess it fits. You're swell-headed enough without bragging that you got a ride in something really cool, like a P-51 or even an F-14.

Ho-hum.

Michael

Stuka, me liege, I am proud of your strong desire to slip the silvery bonds of earth, and God Bless the loverly Lady Stukes for sending you skyward in an obsolete prop driven death coffin. I'm still betting on gravity. However, She has my undying admiration and gratitude. Please inform the Lady that next time I will be perfectly happy to pay the extra 'tip' that would've ensured cockpit failure (not that there's anything wrong with that) and the parting of webbed restraint systems. It's the least I can pretend to do.

Oh, and you owe me a game.

Looks like an A model? Or did they just take the hard points off of a D?

Next time, tell her you want the one with the big engine, and a hook on the tail. T-28C. Bit rare, but still, we must have standard here.

Otherwise, great gift.

Trojan grog.

In fact it is the D model, built in 1951 and seconded to the CIA funded 'Air America' in 1964 for nassssty tricksssy operations in Laos, then sold to the Thai airforce for counter insurgency ops on the Thai-Laos border, then in 1976 sold to the Philippine Airforce and eventually used in the failed coup attempt on President Marcos' presidential palace before ending up in private hands in Australia.

I thought the engine was plenty big enough anyway, a 1425hp supercharged 9 cylinder radial that never revved over 2500rpm throughout the flight and sounded fantastic, especially during the open cockpit takeoff and landing. The pilot conducted several mock attacks on fising boats in the Moreton bay estuary area (not quite ground level no matter how much I asked) and it wasn't difficult to imagine the boats were VC, the estuary was the mekong delta and the crew were Emrys, oh yessssss, a napalmed Emrys was not hard to imagine at all, most enjoyable in fact....

You mean in a [snort] lousy little T-28? Well, I guess it fits. You're swell-headed enough without bragging that you got a ride in something really cool, like a P-51 or even an F-14.

Umm, the T-28 was the replacement aircraft for the P-51. Basically a P-47 engine slapped onto a set of P-51 wings. Back in the day, would beat a jet to 5,000 ft.

Oh, almost forgot.

Dolt.

Umm, the T-28 was the replacement aircraft for the P-51. Basically a P-47 engine slapped onto a set of P-51 wings.

You're trying to be funny, right? The P-47 had the Pratt & Whitney Double Wasp R-2800 engine in various marks, a twin-row 18 cylinder engine rated upwards of 2,200 hp. The T-28 had the Wright Cyclone R-1300 single row 7 cylinder engine that in this application got no more than 1,425 hp.

Your comparison to P-51 wings is equally amusing. There may have been a family resemblance, such as exists between the A-20 and the A-26, but as in those cases was the outgrowth of a completely new design.

Dolt.

That your new signature? Good choice.

Michael