Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Marines v1.11 Bug with QB's?

Hi all

Just got CM:SF Marines for Christmas and I am trying to get it to work. Before I go any farther, I want to point out that I previously had vanilla CM:SF installed and patched to v1.11 and had these same problems. I started with a new, fresh install of both CM:SF and Marines and patched (yes with the correct patch) Marines to v1.11.

The problem is that with QB's (and maybe scenarios/campaign, havnt tried yet) the mission will take FOREVER to load. I would say 5 to 10 times as long as they did in v1.10. Then, once it does load, when I try to get it to run the first turn in turn based, it will switch me to the other team and switch to real time. Also, I can always tell that it is screwed up because if I try to save the quick battle, all I see is gibbersih in the save name line.

So to be more clear, I will place all my Marines, give orders and hit 'Go'. Then it will switch to the Syrians *and* switch from turn based to real time. I never had this problem pre v1.11 and again, it was happening with both vanilla CM:SF and now Marines.

Have anyone else ran across this? Is it just me?

Thanks in advance

Chad

Hi all

Just got CM:SF Marines for Christmas and I am trying to get it to work. Before I go any farther, I want to point out that I previously had vanilla CM:SF installed and patched to v1.11 and had these same problems. I started with a new, fresh install of both CM:SF and Marines and patched (yes with the correct patch) Marines to v1.11.

The problem is that with QB's (and maybe scenarios/campaign, havnt tried yet) the mission will take FOREVER to load. I would say 5 to 10 times as long as they did in v1.10. Then, once it does load, when I try to get it to run the first turn in turn based, it will switch me to the other team and switch to real time. Also, I can always tell that it is screwed up because if I try to save the quick battle, all I see is gibbersih in the save name line.

So to be more clear, I will place all my Marines, give orders and hit 'Go'. Then it will switch to the Syrians *and* switch from turn based to real time. I never had this problem pre v1.11 and again, it was happening with both vanilla CM:SF and now Marines.

Have anyone else ran across this? Is it just me?

Thanks in advance

Chad

I am having the exact same problem. I just put together a new computer last week and installed CMSF and then CMSF:M. Then I installed V1.11. After I set up my initial orders during a QB, I hit the go button and get switched to the other side. Is this a bug?

Erick

Positive.

And as I mentioned abouve, I had vanilla CMSF v1.10 and patched it to v1.11 and had this problem.

Thinking that I might have installed the wrong patch or otherwise brought this on myself, when I got CMSF Marines, I completely uninstalled, installed vanilla CMSF, Marines and patched to v1.11. Same problem as before.

I tried probably 10 times today to get a QB up and running with no luck. It also CTD's at the AAR report by the way.

Hope this helps. Really a shame because I enjoy QB's against the AI, even in their current state.

I just purchased and installed the game today (Shock Force + Marines). Installed Version was 1.10 ...

Didn't try the game at that time, ... downloaded and installed the Marines patch Version 1.11 ...

Quick Battles are doing weird things, .. my Units (M1A1s) Icons keep changing to question marks (and Tank disappears), .. intermittently .. !!

Also, .. when trying to save the game, .. I also get gibberish in the filename field, .. and it cannot be deleted nor changed.

Hope they fix it soon .. luv the Quick Battles ... :-)

Try moving or renaming the Modules folder (rename like 'Modules_x') before starting the game. You won't get Marines to play with but you might get QBs working properly. Then reinstall or correctly rename the Modules folder to play proper Marine scenarios. Its less than ideal but it might be a workaround til the coding problem's tracked down... maybe.

I've tried a bunch of times to make it happen for me and I can't either.

I just posted this in another thread, but I have CM:SF on two computers, one at work (one of the only advantages of being self employed!) and one at home. The home computer has this problem, the one at work does not.

And I even tried a fresh install with both and still have the problem with the home one, and not the work one.

What are the software/hardware differences between those machines? What video drivers, etc?

Heres the critical information from my dxdiag report for the computer with no problems:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/5/2009, 07:08:48

Machine name: OWNER-CDD39B0E4

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: alienware

System Model: alienware

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Page File: 363MB used, 2101MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 6800 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F9&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6218 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 6/29/2007 00:43:00, 5690624 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 6/29/2007 00:43:00, 6807328 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-43B9-11CF-FA7B-0B2003C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x00F9

SubSys ID: 0x00000000

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Revision ID: 0x00A2

I will post my home computer information tonight.

Hope this helps.

Chad

I'm not sure if this helps at all but I had the side switching problem everytime I played a QB with 1.11.

Last week, I had a bad power supply fry my motherboard and CPU. Last night I finally got all of the smoking parts replaced on my PC. This afternoon, I just got done playing a QB and it DIDN'T switch sides.

Now all I did [like replacing all of that was easy and cheap :) ] was replace a Gigabyte M57SLI-S4 motherboard with a M750SLI-DS4 and a AMD 6400+ BE with an AMD 9950 BE... and the bad power supply as well. I didn't reinstall my OS or anything drastic. I did obviously have to load new drivers for the motherboard and chipset but there wasn't much else that I had to do. Again, I don't know if this helps but it is something.

• 3 weeks later...

I have mentioned it before, but just wanted to note that I have this problem frequently, and have always had it in CMSF (I bought the game after the first patch, I believe). Just last night I went through 5 attempts in a row to start a QB and was switched to the other side everytime. Several of these attempts were with different map and force selections.

Another thing to note is that I always know this is going to happen before a scenario even loads, as the loading hangs up and takes forever (for example, last night it stopped at 77% each time for a minute or more before finally loading).

...have always had it in CMSF (I bought the game after the first patch, I believe)....

Another thing to note is that I always know this is going to happen before a scenario even loads, as the loading hangs up and takes forever (for example, last night it stopped at 77% each time for a minute or more before finally loading).

Thank you... I've posted your experience to the beta testers.

I have mentioned it before, but just wanted to note that I have this problem frequently, and have always had it in CMSF (I bought the game after the first patch, I believe). Just last night I went through 5 attempts in a row to start a QB and was switched to the other side everytime. Several of these attempts were with different map and force selections.

I tried a few more QB again and paid attention to the load time. I have the same loading issue that you noted; it gets to 77%, then hangs for a while. Then shifts me to the other side. This happens 100% of the time; QB's are completely broken on my machine. One time I had to give it the Ctrl-Alt-Del and end the process.

Erick