What v1.12 needs!

c3k

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V1.12 will give us a female sniper unit riding horse-pulled motorcycle with mine dog in the sidecar. It almost made it to v1.11 but the dev team wasn't quite sure whether Syrian female sniper units riding horse-pulled motorcycle with mine dog in the sidecar wear a push-up or a sports bra, so they thought they'd need to survey the matter at hand more thoroughly.

na, 1.12 will support Battlefronts newest secret item: the CM-BSS-module (Combat Mission Battlefield Smell Simulator)

The first hardware module for CM!

The USB connected devise comes with a small silicon hose you strap to the mike-beam of your headset, and a pump generates a tiny stream of air which gets enriched, fitting to the action on the screen, with different fumes from a multi-chamber cartridge module (similar to what already known from your generic color printer)

the synthetic flavors released will be a mixture of: blood, sweat, tears, diesel, cordite, JP6, burning rubber, burning plastic, human feces, puke, landfill, rotten water, burned wood, oriental market, cheep tobacco smoke, goat stable, ...to name a few to enrich your 'being there' grog experience...

sorry, red wine, spilled champaign and french perfume will be spared for the Normandy set... ;-)

V1.12 will give us a female sniper unit riding horse-pulled motorcycle with mine dog in the sidecar. It almost made it to v1.11 but the dev team wasn't quite sure whether Syrian female sniper units riding horse-pulled motorcycle with mine dog in the sidecar wear a push-up or a sports bra, so they thought they'd need to survey the matter at hand more thoroughly.

Oh? I heard that the reason they didn't let the female sniper unit in was because when played PBEM her bust size increased by 1' every turn.

A time-warp function - so that Real Time shifts back to where it was when I started playing every time I have to start over a scenario because of some dumbass mistake I made.

Seriously, though: It would be nice if soldiers with RPGs could reload their tube while in the prone position. Their continued kneeling while staring down the tank they just missed at 100m makes them rather vulnerable at best, usually just DEAD. In general, it would sometimes be very useful (and IMHO realistic) for units to put off reloading some weapon and do something more appropriate in the situation (hide, fire on targets with other weapons, spot,...to name a few). I'm also thinking of the Bradley gunner who has just fired 2 TOWs and ignores everything else while he is reloading the tubes. Workaround for the RPG teams is to make them crawl for a few seconds and then rehide, but it's unsatisfactory to have to change their position every time they take a shot :). I noticed this a while ago, then forgot about it because it didn't apply that much in the scenarios I was playing back then. Now I'm into Hasrabit and it's a BIG issue, since RPGs are the only proper AT assets I have in a lot of those missions, and I can't afford to let them waste much ammo by taking long shots due to the limited resupply.

That said, I won't let this post turn into a gripe about my frustrations with Hasrabit (sigh), so here's something else: I would also like for soldiers to interrupt whatever they are doing RIGHT NOW when I give them a HIDE or a TARGET order...instead if they are aiming at something already they insist on firing that shot (or salvo) before hitting the dirt or redirecting their attention to the assigned target. Particularly galling in the case of ATGMs, which sometimes take quite a while to aim and have very limited ammo.

I admit that micromanagement on a per-second basis is one of my stick horses now that CM offers RT play, and I know that is rather unrealistic from a RL military point of view, but it's my workaround for lack of strategic and tactical aplomb, and it works pretty well for me though it takes a lot of time :).

Any opinions on this? Flaming also welcome, of course :D.

I guess I can add serious ideas for the next patch now......

Add dispersion to automatic weapons (mgs and autocannons), so they don't fire in a straight line anymore. They're quite ineffective at the moment (and for autocannons, sometimes too effective).

Be able to target walls and trees directly, instead of the ground they're on.

More death animations?

Vehicle scarring?

Female soldiers would be very welcome. But I would prefer if they wear unrealistic tight suits... :D

Seriously, some finetuning on the textures is still needed, for example when a trench crosses a road and such things, and I'm hardly missing (visual) tank damage models. How about ragdoll effects for death animations?

Ragdolls proably never going to happen.

Takes too much resource to make it look any good in RTS/Tact games and you run into the problem that it would conflict with buddy aid.

This is going to be waaaaay off topic but it's got to do with vehicle visual damage modles. Ages ago I saw a screenshot from CMBO where a sherman's turret was blown off, what's the story with that?

Version 1.11 is awesome, I enjoy it a lot.

Just two suggestions that will help in my opinion:

1. Text Labels over vehicles when hit so you have feedback to what happened - those were great in previous Combat Mission Games.

2. The Status Bar of what the soldiers are doing like "moving" "Firing" "Casualty" etc. it would be nice to give different colors to different situations, at least highlight casualty soldiers in red text instead of green. It's hard to distinguish between "cowering" and "Casualty".

Thanks,

Itai

1. Real Makarovs for red vehicle crews.

2. Tanks and AFVs should be able to run over trees or at least bushes. It's nerv-killing to look how long a tank needs to find a way through a small forest. And it would be amazing to surprise the enemy who hides in the forest by running over trees and appaering in front of him in an M1.

3. (less important) Some screaming and losing nerves in combat, seriously wounded soldiers crying for help. That would add to the atmosphere, but could also be done as a mod ;) .