1Year after >>progress/changes on some game issues/choices

LRC

I considering returning to TOW/TOW2 after a bad first impression 1year ago. Can you comment on progress/changes on the following issues:

- tank crews/gun crews need to be micromanaged (ie, select who is the gunner, who is driver...). Are crews now able to manage themselves ?

- tree cover was unrealistic (could immediately spot a static/non firing truck 1km away in trees)

- non passable terrain is unclear/illogical (ie, non passable areas of grass or road...)

- sqads were quite "tactically dumb" and micromanagement was a requirement to achieve decent results. It is more a game choice than a bug, but my preferences are more managing at platoon/company level and leave details to the AI...

• 4 weeks later...

The Uber patch and the JSH mod are a must. With that said:

Trees now affect line of sight. So does grass field vs wheat for infantry. If you haven't played for a year then you have missed alot, the quick battle generator, and some new units scenariios etc.

Unfortunately still no building occupation for troops, and no terrain penalties for vehicles, bren carriers flatten forests.

I hope the next patch will have building occupation. It's essential for realistic city combat. If they can do it in combat mission why not tow ?

The Uber patch and the JSH mod are a must

have the uber patch , don't really notice a huge dif in the game after playing through several campaigns. Just downloaded the JSH mod, going to try that out, then I want to make a afrika corps campaign/mod muhahaha...with desert terrain, skins and all lol. Think I'll change the houses as well for some realism, see if I can make palm trees also, see what happens....hmm might have tow 2 a bit early rofl...Is there a good place for modding info or to read and post if I have any questions ? seems this board auto deletes threads now so can't do a search in mod forum.....?

Not my first time modding a game but may need some info on something...

thanks in advance.