Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

quick question about IE

I've found that on my desktop system when I visit Yahoo I get a connection refused message when attempting to click on any link on the page (for example, when attempting to click on more and get the entire news story).

I've no idea what setting is causing this and I don't see it either on my work machine or my notebook.

I've tried changing security settings in IE to no avail.

There's something I'm missing here and if anyone has any idea what it might be let me know.

I'm tired of seeing this error page instead of full story on Yahoo. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

no proxy here at home - i do have wireless set up for my notebook - but this problem predates the hooking up the base for that between the system and the cable modem

i'm pretty sure i've hosed up some setting in xp pro, i just have no idea what setting or service i've messed up - hell, just for kicks i turned on every service in xp pro just on the chance one of them might affect this - no effect whatsoever :mad:

by the by, i'm running xp pro and the firewall i was running was the one built into xp pro - since going with the wireless base station which is also a router i've turned off the firewall in xp pro because the wireless connection wouldn't work with it on - turning it off didn't affect the issue either

[ February 17, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: easytarget ]