why isnt this surrender script working?

; France Surrenders

; Sounds - BBC Archive

{

#NAME= France Surrenders (France -> Germany)

#POPUP= General Petain signs armistice with Germany

#IMAGE= fall_of_france.bmp

#SOUND= victory_march.wav

#FLAG= 0

#TYPE= 1

#AI= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#LEVEL= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 18

#TRANSFER_ID= 5

#TRIGGER= 100

#DATE= 1939/01/01

; Set variable conditions:

; 1st Line - France polically aligned with Allies and not surrendered

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 18 [2] [100] [0]

; 1st Line - Axis control Paris

#CONDITION_POSITION= 190,34 [0,0] [1,1] [1] [0]

}

Where to begin?

This looks like a #surrender_2 event by the lack of #SURRENDERED_TO variable. A #surrender_2 event is used to force the surrender of a country upon a certain date usually. With #flag=0 this is not a default event anyway... are you selecting it in the menu? #COUNTRY_ID= 18 is this correct? This is not the ID for France in the standard set up. #CONDITION_POSITION= 190,34 [0,0] [1,1] [1] [0] This is badly wrong. If 190,34 is Paris then this part does look for a single unit on the location but the 3rd number in [] should be the ID for Germany (1 is the UK in standard play) and the 4th number indicates the alignment... 0 = neutral.

There may be other errors but, quite frankly, I think this will do for the moment ;)

that was it.

Actually my problem is France DOESNT surrender because they have too many units and they are a minor country. Thats my last technical problem with the game. After that its all improvement on the scripts.

I read that there is a 6% chance per unit in the "home country" that a minor does not surrender. Now does this mean land units connected to the capital via line? Thus units in French colonies and boats dont count? Or is it all remaining units?

Im trying to figure out how to fix this. 2 Frances, one for surrender one for units, but then the allies have 2 Frances in production. All I can think of is remove French units, which sucks. Anyway to change that 6% to 3%?

that was it.

Actually my problem is France DOESNT surrender because they have too many units and they are a minor country. Thats my last technical problem with the game. After that its all improvement on the scripts.

I read that there is a 6% chance per unit in the "home country" that a minor does not surrender. Now does this mean land units connected to the capital via line? Thus units in French colonies and boats dont count? Or is it all remaining units?

Im trying to figure out how to fix this. 2 Frances, one for surrender one for units, but then the allies have 2 Frances in production. All I can think of is remove French units, which sucks. Anyway to change that 6% to 3%?

My current test game of your scenario has this problem-6 turns going now since Paris fell, France hasn't given up. There's 8 French units left on the continent as of Sept. '40 (3 air units, 1 HQ, 5 corps/armies). And Italy has been stuck on the dreaded 89% activation since it got the bump from Germany being 1 hex from Paris back in June.

I tried everything.

What I think is happening is.. in order

Axis take Paris no surrender

Surrender #1 "ok no one surrendered this turn move along"

Surrender #2 "Ahh axis in paris, France surrenders"

Allied Turn

Axis Turn

Decision "on France surrendered? Do you want Vichy?, yea ok D3 = yes"

Surrender #1 "ok no one surrendered THIS TURN move along"

Surrender #2 "Nope no surrenders, move along"

So Surrender #1 is passed and surrender #2 is activated then the turn changes.

I tried territory swapping also didnt work. Cant go from German to minor. Cant go from active minor to inactive.

Only thing to do is MAKE vichy out of a country and put it in the game OR reduce # of French unists.

Another idea I had this morning is a bit more abstract

Reduce French Forces then Canadian to replace it and give it a French name.

If the brits get it off the continent its free french. But it increases the chance of surrender without impacting the game or making it look weird