Question on the accuracy of artillery support

In some scenarios artillery support is available (mortars or guns).

Is there a difference in accuracy between a blind preventive strike - like shelling a hamlet at the beginning of a mission - and a directed strike with enemy units being spotted (seen) by at least one of my units ? In other terms does the actual spotting of enemy units result in a less scattered strike ?

No, if you know exactly where the enemy is, you can call support without seeing them. BUT, in some missions to increase frame rate enemy in given place may spawn only after you get to certain point in the mission, so your fire support may hit an actually empty area.

OK, thanks.

The reason why I did ask is that playing the soviet commando mission that came along with one of the patches, I got the impression that my first arty support strike, called blindly in the direction of the area where the flak is, was way more scattered that my second one, called once I had positioned my troop in a way they could clearly see where the enemy was. Indeed, while the first strike achieved nothing, the second one was dead on spot and eliminated all the flak.