C2 issues

I have a distinct feeling all my troops start out with good comunications. If I click around they all have radios or some satellite thingy. But for instance just unloading them from a vehicle to at building removes the radio symbol and they loose contact with higher and lower units. I'm not really sure how permanent this condition is.

Does this constitute a bug or does it simulate something like pfc Butterfingers dropping the radio/C2 link ;)

One of the coolest things I ever saw in CMSF was seeing how the info on enemy troops is transmitted through the net. I clicked on one scout dismount and some red ?s could be seen. Then I clicked on the scout HQ unit and the red ?s were not there (the HQ was with no LOS the the suspected enemy position).

After a couple of minutes I re-mount the scout unit to a CFV and move them to another place. A few seconds later I click again on the HQ unit (who was still in the same spot and out of LOS from everything) and the ?s were visible.

I wonder how the computer-controlled Syrians manage that type of info exchange and if it has any impact on their battle performance.

Ah, another cool thing: the units have memory of where they saw enemies.

Sometimes this game blows my mind.