My New Rig!

152mmDumbRocket

I finally got DT onto my new iMac! With a 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, Radeon 2600 XT 256MB, I was able to get 50-55 fps playing Sea Cliffs at 1280x800 4xAA and everything except high def rendering and high def texturing (both kept giving the buildings a weird green shimmer). But still, I also now have a Razer DeathAdder Lunar White Mac edition gaming mouse and Razer gaming mousepad to go with it! Fear me, all vets and rookies! :D

You mac is only slightly faster than mine. My imac is a 2.4ghz. I had no idea you were a mac head too!

Relax, I'm no Mac fanatic. I think that Mac and Windows (Vista included) have their strong points. I also have a vendetta against Steve Jobs for almost knocking my mom down when he was being sued by Apple. The reason I went for the slightly faster model was to get 2 GB ram instead of 1, a Radeon 2600 XT with 256mb instead of a Radeon 2400 Pro with 128mb. The extra 266 MHz was just a bonus.

Think you could make it this Sunday? The summer hiatus ended last Sunday with a 5 player blowout involving me, jby, kim2, Phonan, and Stonewall. Jung won't be around for some time, because he's having another baby and is moving.

Hey 152, nice computer! How do I know? I got the same rig this summer, but with an additional 2 gig of ram for good measure. I've got the HD partitioned to boot both Leopard and Windows xp; it's kinda of funny switching between the super intuitive Mac OS and the super clunky MS approach. At least this way I'll still retain some necessary problem solving skills and ward off the brain malaise which effects most I-tards (that is people who use apple exclusively for those unfamiliar with I-tardation).

Posted by Jung

it's kinda of funny switching between the super intuitive Mac OS and the super clunky MS approach. At least this way I'll still retain some necessary problem solving skills and ward off the brain malaise which effects most I-tards (that is people who use apple exclusively for those unfamiliar with I-tardation).

I might be stuck with just Leopard, but I'm no I-tard.:D Give me the choice, and I'll use either OS.