Ammo for M82A3

Hi Everyone,

I have a sniper team armed with the M82A3, which takes a .50 calibre round. I'm just starting "Milk Run" in the Marines campaign, and the unit is out of ammo at the set up stage. My LAV has only 5.56 and 7.62 on board. I cannot recall seeing .50 cal on the aquire menu on any vehicle before. Am I missing something?

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Battlefront, this game is now absolutely fantastic, even against the AI. Well done. A real shame the gamer mags and sites don't come back for a second review.

Cheers in advance to repliee's,

Darren

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Meade,

I posted this question in the main thread as I didn't get a reply in here......until now!

I had half a dozen repsonses saying that the .50 ammo isn't simulated and the rifle uses the 7.62 stuff. As you point out, at the beginning of the scenario it appears they have no ammo, but they blaze away OK with it during the game. Only thing I can think is they carry such a small ammo load that it hardly registers on the counter, as opposed to the machine gun which rattles through the stuff.

Hope this makes sense and clears it up for you. There some supposition in it so if anyone with a better understanding wants to chip in then feel free!

Regards, Darren

I ran some tests. .50 cal sniper ammo doesn't show up in the bullet counter (which is admittedly a tad annoying). The two ammo counters look to be for 5.56 and 7.62 only (for U.S.). I got my guy to fire off something like twenty .50 cal sniper rounds (I admit I wasn't really counting very closely) 'til I ran him out of ammo. Going back and acquiring 5.56 or 7.62 didn't do any good - still out of .50 cal ammo. Rejoining his split team (the other sniper was 7.62) didn't provide extra ammo, but the 7.62 sniper guy did take up his comrade's duties of plinking the distant target. So for .50 cal sniper you've only got what you bring to the party.

There's still an outstanding issue about how 'replenished' your sniper's ammo load gets between campaign battles if he's moved from one battle to the next - empty one battle and XX% replenished the next. Figuring that out would involve more effort than I'm willing to invest!:rolleyes:

I ran some tests. .50 cal sniper ammo doesn't show up in the bullet counter (which is admittedly a tad annoying). The two ammo counters look to be for 5.56 and 7.62 only (for U.S.). I got my guy to fire off something like twenty .50 cal sniper rounds (I admit I wasn't really counting very closely) 'til I ran him out of ammo. Going back and acquiring 5.56 or 7.62 didn't do any good - still out of .50 cal ammo. Rejoining his split team (the other sniper was 7.62) didn't provide extra ammo, but the 7.62 sniper guy did take up his comrade's duties of plinking the distant target. So for .50 cal sniper you've only got what you bring to the party.

There's still an outstanding issue about how 'replenished' your sniper's ammo load gets between campaign battles if he's moved from one battle to the next - empty one battle and XX% replenished the next. Figuring that out would involve more effort than I'm willing to invest!:rolleyes:

Thanks for this work - AAR - Explains much and gives BFC something to adjust / improve on -

I still think snipers (U.S.) are less accurate than they should be - I was in a mission yesterday where my sniper took about a dozen shots before picking off two guys less than 120 meters away sitting on the back of a pick-up.