"Just Around The Bend" *spoilers*

How do these marine ATGM vehicles work? Are they supposed to be able to spot and fire over a ridge or hill? Shouldn't they present an extremely small profile? Mine are just sitting ducks in this scenario.

They are ALWAYS slower to spot. - Even when being fired upon by enemy tanks from 800 meters away, they are often still oblivious to the threat.

Their fire rate is about 1/2 that of the red's tanks. It takes a long time to aim this thing. And it's (apparently) manually guided. There is no "shoot n scoot" mode here.

They miss their target 60% or more. Sorry, I haven't been keeping exact figures. I'm certain the miss rate is at least 60%. Feels closer to 80-90%. So much for manual guidance.

I've played the scenario roughly 10 times, probably launched 10-ish AT missiles. I've only ever managed 1 kill.

I can't find one advantagous position to put these guys.

The LAV-25 AT uses the same armored erector/launcher as the M901 “Hammerhead” (on the M113 chassis). It fires the same TOW (Tube launched, Optically tracked, Wire-guided) ATGM as the M2/3 Bradley. The launcher is always depicted in the erected position in CMSF (just as the Bradley’s launcher box is always in the firing position). It is made to fold down against the hull to make a smaller profile and for travel. It is also able to tilt so the gunner can reload the two tubes without exposing himself outside the armor.

The erected launcher allows the vehicle to fire from a hull-down position. The TOW missile must be fired and guided from the halt and it is relatively slow flying, taking many seconds (not sure of the exact figure, but it’s awhile) to reach its max range of 3750 meters. It takes about five minutes to reload the launcher, during which time the vehicle is helpless.

Visibility under armor is limited, with the targeting optics located in the launcher. The vehicle is best used from a complete hull-down position with a covered route out to another firing position if possible. It’s not an easy weapon to use in real life, never mind the game…I would never fire more than one round from any one position before moving. Popping smoke doesn’t hurt either.

Great thanks for the fix! Will be trying it post haste.

Your strategic hull-down positions shown above appear logical. Too bad one of 'ems mined. I wont tell you which one!

This map is also interesting to me because soldier's in a prone position are unable to provide cover fire at range. Due to the topography they is only LOS when standing and/or running (read: exposed).

This map's a hoot! Thanks

Great thanks for the fix! Will be trying it post haste.

Your strategic hull-down positions shown above appear logical. Too bad one of 'ems mined. I wont tell you which one!

This was the toughest I made for the game. It got MORE so due to the early unit build gaffs. You've got PLENTY of hardware alright...It just comes up to the battle slowly.

Re Mines: There are multiple defensive plans -- And you CAN'T count on spotting a specific inf location noted previously and conclude that mines will be located at X. I played this last night (until 1:30 AM!!) and lost a LAV to a mine in a completely unexpected local....Pretty good if I can fool myself!

SPOILER....REALLLLLLLLY a SPOILER!!!!

The mines are mixed. dismount the scouts that most pissed you off and have them recon ahead of the LAV's