Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Request: Dusty Weapons Mod

Umm.. I agree it's a nice idea but most soldiers break and clean there primary weapon at first opportunity. Maybe I am being too picky.

Meach, take a look here from combat pictures and see how well cleaned they are? CMSF is 99% of combat time so the weapons shouldnt really be clean.

http://picasaweb.google.com/andy.adyns/Troops#

Ive started on a devildog mod and there Ive dusted the weapons (only M16 so far) and it looks like this: (be aware, all is WIP!)

devildogs.jpg

/thomas

Ive started on a devildog mod and there Ive dusted the weapons (only M16 so far) and it looks like this: (be aware, all is WIP!)

This looks really nice. Maybe we should collaborate and combine the painted and dusty versions too. :D

Now we just need dusty uniforms!

Take a closer look on the woodland camo ;) theres some dust already, adding bit by bit so it wont be overdone (hopefully)

Thanks for the offer on cooperating on the Guns but I want my M16s black :) (allthough your camo mod is superb!)

/Thomas

Well it wouldn't take any work for you, if you saved the dust additions as a separate layer in Photoshop or whatever you used. All I have to is apply them. ;)

Well it wouldn't take any work for you, if you saved the dust additions as a separate layer in Photoshop or whatever you used. All I have to is apply them. ;)

True that I can do, yes I use photoshop, Gonna finish the M16, M4, M240, M249 and SMAW and Javelin then I can pack it up to you.

/Thomas

aye. I forgot to mention that I don't have the Marines module so the m16 doesn't really apply to me but will be great for many other people.

I already have a dusty m4 mod from the link at the beginning of the thread but the dust is really subtle and you need to zoom in a lot to see it.

However, if the dust is REALLY apparent, then it looks cloned. So just a light brushing will do.

lol

That's fine. Your making a mod and people should know that.

However, just a suggestion, at the butt of the M16, there are 3 streaks of dirt that are really apparent and it makes the dirtyness look the exact same for all the rifles. Maybe it needs to be toned down so that it doesn't stand out so much.

However, just a suggestion, at the butt of the M16, there are 3 streaks of dirt that are really apparent and it makes the dirtyness look the exact same for all the rifles. Maybe it needs to be toned down so that it doesn't stand out so much.

Im aware of it, its a seperate dust layer that I forgot to remove when save the bmp. Its for the version with duck tape on the butt. I was just to lazy to go in and remove it for a quick screenshot :P

But thanks for the feedback :)

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good. Real good.

Just a question: is it possible to randomize the appearance of the weapons' skins, similar to how it can be done for combat uniforms?

I know that this creates a lot more work, but the added variety really does increase the sense of immersion. The thought never even crossed my mind till I read your comment about making a rifle butt that has tape wrapped around it.

Having some weapons with tape on various parts, as well as chips/scratches in the finish would go a long way to amplifying a trait (the "immersion factor") that we so badly pine for.

Keep up the solid hard work, and thank you in advance for it.