Question on Land & Sea tiles and Islands

In WAW there appears to be only one tile that is a "land" island. While the other two are "sea" islands. While that is not in of itself a big deal it does affect any Pacific or strategic "global" map, in terms of either deciding what to do with an island or whether to end up with a funky looking map to allow both land AND sea tiles with repsective fortifications AND harbors. Such is the case with Crete, Malta, Truk, Saipan, Okinawa, Hawaii, etc. Even Gibraltar (though not an "island") is affected as there is no way to combine forts AND harbors.

So is there a way to ADD tile types? Will the Pacific Theater SC2 have more island tiles???

What advice or thoughts can some of the modders here give an old map junkie like me with regards to making realistic maps that can handle land and sea units, etc. ????

What I did was think about what is important in the pacific theatre and which islands were important. Since land based airpower is severely important vs naval units I simply made important islands out of land tiles. Its looks funny and its larger but strategically important. The US simply cant sail in a monster fleet to Japan by passing everything because single hex islands cant be captured or capable to support much. Also it is unrealistic to think airpower alone can wipeout a single hex like Malta. I know in the official europe scenario I needed = 5 bombers to wipe out single hex malta. Its about = 4000 a/c (the entire german airforce. I added 1 land hex to it for example. Now you can actually land a unit bombard the port to prevent supplies and land + air attack the unit in malta. Any unit on the beach hex (technically) will get pounded. But I did the best I could to simulate invasions. Now if they could allow 2 units in a hex (defender and invader) that would be sweet.