Abu Susah objective impossible

Don't suppose anyone's got a video of flawless victory in the Abu Susah battle (from the Blue perspective)?

Kidding. But pointers?

I can take out the enemy, but only by ignoring the mission briefing, which demands that we avoid getting bogged down.

How on earth do I reach the objective by passing through the settlement? It occurred to me to split my forces and skirt the settlement, but that also ignores the missing briefing.

Thanks,

Sheldon.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Rally your forces at the blue force Rally circles and suppress the hell outta the red Opfor circles.

Orders:

"You are not to decisively engage the enemy and preservation of your forces is a priority. This is a probing operation only.

We want to move as quickly as possible to the north.

Advanced to the north to Phase Line Shark using the surface roads and keeping an eye out for the enemy forces. Some losses are acceptable, just as long as we do not become bogged down and decisively engaged."

The underlined text is 'my' interpretation of the orders. :)

ildpp5.jpg

I figure you'd rather work on the solution yourself. I don't want to give too much away. If you need more detail we can work on that.

Sheesh, I hope the briefings US XOs receive don't require that much "interpretation". Every word counts! :-)

But it's interesting how much I read into it that wasn't there, and how much I overlooked. I ignored the "roads" plural and ignored the fact that the word "decisive" was used twice without resolving its definition.

Thanks, if I abandon the main highway, things get a lot more interesting. :-)

I wonder whether I can get my wife to buy Marines for me for my birthday. Snipers...

Ciao,

Sheldon.

(Loving it)

Depends on what level the orders come from. Omar Bradley used to give orders to his army group that read something like "Attack to the East." On the other hand I have seen commanders give orders that named every private and told exactly when he was supposed to pull security and when to move. One leaves it up to the subordinate units to figure things out while the other robs units of their ability to react to a dynamic battlefield. Pros and Cons with both.