Blast Command

I tried to do the same for blasting inside walls but this time, it didn't go well.

The orders :

miniBlastTeam4_5.jpg

Observing the action :

miniBlastTeam4_6.jpg

But the wrong wall was destroyed (I wanted to blast the one in front of my men) :

miniBlastTeam4_7.jpg

But I think I got the thing for blasting outside wall of buildings and standard wall without going through. ;)

Thanks for that information, Rekka. I couldn't figure out why last night, playing the Babado scenario, my army squads--with demo charges--wouldn't blast through anything. I didn't even get the red line when I clicked on the ground after selecting the "Blast" command. I've only been playing CM:SF for about 3 weeks, but I have been blasting through walls with ease in other scenarios, and no need of the facing command (at least as far as I remember). But thinking back, I realize that all other scenarios where I blasted without that command was with Marine Engineers.

So, do you know if the Facing command is only needed for Non-Engineers, or for Non-Marines, or for Non-Marine Engineers? I'm at work so I won't be able to check for 6 or so hours.

Mmmh I don't think the facing command is specificly needed for some and not others (sorry, I don't have the time right now to test with the Marines or Non-engi).. Well in fact in some situations I don't think the facing order is needed at all but since I have more success with it, I prefer to add it. ;)

If anyone want to try this small scenario out, you can download it here. (Remember, it's just for doing various tests for the blast command, it's not a kick ass scenario like Webwing's one or Papertiger's :P)

And sorry for the french screenies but I think they're still understandable. :D

When you say "they are through the wall", you mean they are going through the breach they created? Because the whole point of my testing was to blast the wall without going through. :P In a normal case (with the squad moving through the wall), a simple blast command with the waypoint behind the wall will do the trick. No facing command needed at all (if I remember correctly). :)

Oh and while we are talking about the "Blast" command, a nice feature would be to be able to choose what kind of mouvement the blast turns into when the wall goes boom (like becoming a "Hunt" move for example :D). Not sure if it's something doable for BF though.

Hi Rekka,

Yes, sorry about sort of hijacking the thread...I was just flummoxed by not being able to use the blast function at all with US Army troops, which I had just encountered for the first time Monday night, so your discussion was timely. I simply set up a blast command on the other side of the wall, and the US Army would DO NOTHING, forever and ever, unless I first gave them a Face Command. Then they would blast and then go on to the other side of the wall through the breach. The US Marines did not require any Face Command at all. Just point and click aqnd they would blast through whatever was in the way. I assume this was changed for the Marines in the Marine Module and not made retroactive? (I never played an earlier version than 1.11)

I didn't try Blasting and staying on the same side of the wall. I will be trying that tonight.

Sergei,

I'm going to try different scenarios tonight. Like I say, I was surprised it wasn't working for the US Army. I can't say with certainty that I have never been able to get them to Blast without a Face Command, it's just that I usually play Marines and I'd never had the problem before, and it occured with the Army.

Oh well, we'll see what happens tonight with different set ups.