AI Scripts

If I want the AI to "garrison" a port I need to use the fleet script, is that correct? The garrison script is only for ground units?

I am starting to write AI scripts for the campaign so it will be ready for beta testing both human and vs. AI. I tested it against the AI and while the turns are longer, a couple minutes, they are not impossibly long considering how large the map is. Finding and fixing script errors now. I also need to go back and finish the terrain and weather for US/Canada and a few other small things. It won't work past US entry anyway until the bug gets fixed.

I am still not sure about the garrison/fleet issue - I added scripts for garrisons. The land ones seem to work exactly right. However, when I added ports to be garrisoned it seems that sometimes the AI moves ships away anyhow - is that because ports should NOT be in garrison scripts or because sometimes it overrides that for other reasons?

GARRISON scripts are only for land units while FLEET scripts would be what you are after if you want to direct naval units towards a port. But this does not necessarily guarantee that ships will remain at port as the generic AI may move them out of the area if the port is threatened by land or by sea with superior enemy forces in the area. Generally the AI will retreat to another non-threatened port in this case.