What is the best way to employ the Bradley FIST?

It seems to me that the Bradley FISTs primary roll is spotting at VERY long ranges. Otherwise, if it sticks its head out and there is a MBT or some sort of weapon system with a decent ATGM on it within 3000m the BFIST is gonna die.

Has anyone had any luck with this in its spotting roll? Have you had it live long enough to make good use of it? The time that it takes to call in support is very short compared to dismounted FO's...but they die right along with it, usually.

It seems to me that the Bradley FISTs primary roll is spotting at VERY long ranges.

Surely you mean that it's role is being spotted at very long ranges, rather than spotting, I swear I just had one taken out first shot by a BMP-2 at long range when it was the least exposed of any of my Bradleys. But somehow the BMP spies it and blows it up. Maybe I'm just bitter :)

Actually, its hard to comment on this from *past* experience. I don't think the dedicated fire support vehicles in the game were working quite right up until the Marine module/patch. With th Marine module plugged in we're supposed to NOW get a long range spotting advantage and quicker fire-support reaction times from these vehicles. You might have to be unbuttoned to get the advantage, though... maybe. I've been having so much fun playing Marines I haven't given BFIST and similar Army vehicles a test run yet. Something to do this weekend! :D