. . . Thanks . . . and OS X

WoW,

The scope and power of the CMX2 system is really starting to become apparent to me.

I'm excited about all the options, time periods, and locations we are going to see over the next few years.

It seems to me the tide has turned and I hope that all the BFC staff feel as satisfied with their efforts as they should - thanks for making this boutique game system possible.

I love CMSF, can't wait for the Marines Module, and will jump for joy when I get to hunt with Panzers again . . . but as a Mac OS X devoted user / programmer I've stopped playing CMSF for a while due to the hassles of dual-boot and running Windows via boot-camp.

This is not a bitch . . . I'm happy to wait ( a bit ) . . . but with the new module about to burst on the scene - and with new purchase decisions - can Steve / BFC make any updated comment on when we will see an OS X port and what the license policies will be for those who have already bought Windows versions?

Will you let us convert our Widows licenses to Mac when the time comes?

Many thanks boys . . . heat up!

Thomas

WoW,

. . . but with the new module about to burst on the scene - and with new purchase decisions - can Steve / BFC make any updated comment on when we will see an OS X port and what the license policies will be for those who have already bought Windows versions?

Will you let us convert our Widows licenses to Mac when the time comes?

Many thanks boys . . . heat up!

Thomas

+1 on that question.

Making Mac users re-pay for 3+ modules will seem abit unfair.

I would've thought that Mac users would have gotten used to paying more then they should. ;)

Now, now Elmar . . . lets not start that kinda thread my friend . . . ;)

I run / sys admin Windows boxes, Linux / Unix boxes, and OS X boxes . . . it's a question of the best tool for the job at hand.

My personal platform of choice is OS X . . . and OS X users that are devoted to CM X 2 games would simply like to know what the playing field is before we buy . . . no complaints . . . just information so that we can choose to buy now or wait.

BTW - ran into someone who knows a certain former senior MS employee very well. This former employee of MS was very central to the development of recent Windows OS. . . now that he / she is out of Redmond would you like to guess what platform this person has chosen to buy for themselves ??? :)

Ha ha! back to my box w/ "Intel inside" . . . .

We're still working out when exactly we can get an OSX version complete. It's a bit tricky to predict right now, but when we have a firm idea we'll let you know.

Personally, I would like existing Windows CM users to be able to use the Mac version without having to repay. Technically speaking it is a different product, however in this case I think we should try and bend the rules if we can. We'll let you know when we know ;)

Steve

Thanks as well for the prompt and fair response.

"Personally, I would like existing Windows CM users to be able to use the Mac version without having to repay. Technically speaking it is a different product, however in this case I think we should try and bend the rules if we can."

That would be fantastic! I am ready to invest in Marines Module asap to supplement the CMSF 'fun fix'.

M32 Six Pack ...Marines have some so they should be good?

Like Thomas, "...the hassles of dual-boot and running Windows via boot-camp..." are an irritating inconvenience but not enough for me sack the PC play time yet.

"The scope and power of the CMX2 system is really starting to become apparent to me."

FLASH hit me shortly after purchasing CMSF. I don't boot up the CM1 (MAC) games now unless work requires my divided attention.

CogNative

Driving a tank while tanked has never gotten me a ticket... only virtually killed... but it didn't hurt too much.

Battlefront Hi!

Regarding the Mac OSX version - once it is done for Shock Force (and Presumably Marines) will future Mods and the WW2 Game already be "Optimised for OSX, or will each have to be individually reworked and recoded resulting in long delays for the mac versions of new releases?

In other words do I hold out for the Mac version (and replace my graphics challenged Intel Mini which probably won't run SF) or go for the Windows version (and have to upgrade/replace my old PC)?

David

Because: after i got my new MacBook Pro and wrangled up XP, i finally bit the bullet and bought the Windows version and then REPEATEDLY have bit many bullets.. over and over and over and over. Amazing game. Nothing but Patience and Uber Control and a bit of luck will save your ass in this game. I would love to be able to switch my copy to MACOSX when the time comes.

i don't want to wait for that Marines module..

I held off as long as i could!!!!

Thanks Guys but i understand if it's not feasible.

Lon