Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mod woes...

I'm a big fan of putting Mods into Combat Mission. However, sometimes after installation of a new mod, the unit will look wrong (IE: on the Stuart tank, where the upper hull texture should be, there is instead what looks like the side of the hull, complete with tracks). When I got to look for my original graphic file after noticing this problem, it has mysteriously disappeard, and I'm stuck with strange looking tanks. I am running CM on a Macinosh G4 with the v.1.12 patch installed, and Mac CM Mod Manager v.1.5.... Anyone with ideas as to how to fix this (or if you need clarification) please Email me at BlackAdderG@hotmail.com

thanks all

~blackadder

I can only guess that your resource files have been corrupted. Some other players saw this problem in the past.

I'm not familiar with which file contains the graphics that are appearing in the wrong space for you. You may want to back up your resource files and copy the original ones from the CD, unless you want to play around with ResEdit and find which resource file contains the graphic (treads/tires) that is appearing in the wrong spot and replace it. Otherwise you can just re-mod CM over from scratch (which is going to take some time depending on how many mods you previously installed).

How large are your mod files? If they reach the limit (around 15 megs, I think), new mods wont be installed.

and as the others say, sometimes the mod files can get corrupted. It shouldnt, but...

did you try the back up resource file? I programmed MCM3 to make a backup for cases like this. Simply take the backup part of the name off (after removing the corrupt file) and fire up CM. With luck it will be fixed.

if this continues, feel free to email me. I havent heard of it before, so I dont think it's a bug...

also, check the log file that MCM3 creates. It should have an entry for the folder containing the stuart mod, say, and tell you which resource file it modified, which ID number it deleted, and which number it pasted in (they should match of course).

best

d

ave

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: aikidorat ]

This is the problem which drove me to not play CM again...but I've caved in when I saw Magua's Normandy mods. Since he suggests using the original bmps from the CD re-modding isn't too hard.

I've got an imac DV SE 256mb and I re-modded twice...and then just un-installed after nothing worked.

I suggest not modding all of your vehicles. I've mixed hi-res and lo-res to about half the vehicles and thats where I'm stopping.

Another thing you can do if you have the hard drive capacity is once you've installed several mods copy your whole data file to a different location. Thats what I've done so I don't spend so much time using that great piece of software called Mac Mod Manager.