Demo

Amadeus

The game is scheduled for release next year.

We normally release demos around the time that the full game is released. Having said that, it's in a pretty solid state even in early beta right now, so maybe we'll do a beta demo to spread the word. It's a little hard to convey how cool the game actually is until you play it yourself :) But it's too early to tell.

In any case, watch this space for beta team openings. But it's up to Brit to decide when.

At the moment the only full localization planned is in Russian, but I wouldn't rule out German and French as we do aim for a retail release in those countries (but probably not before end of 2009).

Martin

Brit; do you use resource files for localization, or is it hardcoded into the engine? If you use files I'll sure you'll get hardcore fans to provide almost any language you want. :)

Right now, things are hardcoded because I didn't plan-ahead for localization. I intend on going back and making it localization-friendly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hmm why announce a game so early if afterwards nothing happens...no new entry in teh developer blog, no new news ...nothing...

Sorry about the lack of updates. I've been busy working on the Artificial Intelligence lately. I think it's interesting to make the AI find solutions to all kinds of situations, but I don't know if it would be that interesting to hear about, or if it would just seem overly technical.

I've also added a blog to the company website (http://www.atomicboysoftware.com/blog/). I find web-work to be down-right relaxing next to the hard-thinking required by Artificial Intelligence coding. I thought I'd start moving away from writing general gaming-stuff on the empires-of-steel blog. In the past, I've posted thoughts on copyrights, game-related violence claims, or my thoughts on some random game demo. Those kinds of posts always seemed a little out of place there.

• 2 weeks later...