Javelins on infantry in Buildings?

pute01

You can fire TOW missiles from Bradleys on infantry in buildings. But has anyone been able to fire Javelins at infantry in buildings? I've tried but failed. Perhaps this is a no-brainer qustion and the javelin is really totally unsuited for AP-use (which my digital soldiers know but I don´t).:o

I have directed several Javelins at infantry in buildings. Just give a 'Target' command for the building you would like to go boom. Target Light wont fire the Javelin though.

It can be a good thing to split the AT squad so only a Javelin will be fired (and AT-4's etc wont be expanded).

@pute01

the only reason i can see why your guys didnt fired the jav on the building is that you targeted the "infantry" directly, not the house.

you "have to" target the house itself(area fire) to get them to shoot on the house. its verry simple, just dont target the enemy infantry but the house.

I fired six Javelins at a fortification today and nothing happened. Still there, with crew inside. How could that possibly be? At least you would expect the structure to weaken? Right? Is that not modelled into the game? I mean SIX javeins is pretty bad ace. No way any humans would surive that, or maybe I am military weapons idiot. Seems like if it can punch through armor it could punch through stone. What say you?

I have directed several Javelins at infantry in buildings. Just give a 'Target' command for the building you would like to go boom. Target Light wont fire the Javelin though.

It can be a good thing to split the AT squad so only a Javelin will be fired (and AT-4's etc wont be expanded).

I use the split teams command & peel off the anti-tank crew. I use area target on whatever building the infantry is in & that does the trick. You can have the rest of the squad move back out of harm's way or any other type move. I have zero military experience but I have learned to use the split teams command a lot, especially in multistory buildings. Spread your teams on different levels according on how you plan to use them You can fire direct or area fire at multiple targets, but this also helps keep the casualties down in you're fired at with something larger than a rifle. I also use it when on hillsides. The T72s are quick to spot you're Javelin firing & fire back at your unit. I use the rest of the squad as an over watch on my anti-tank unit. You're likely to suffer the loss of you anti-tank crew but the rest of the squad is safe. I definitely have learned to use the "Shoot & Scoot" on anything against armor smaller than the M1A1. I study my set up & try to have multiple "safe" spots for any of my units to fire on the offensive or defensive.