Locating Server DOWN AGAIN!!!

Jmayer

Hello all,

1C please set up the server so we can play. We finially get people to play online and your sever is down again... We love the game and are trying to get more involed in the game but your server is going down more and more and isn't helping to keep people interested in the game. Thanks for you prompt attention to this matter.

JMayer aka Mushhead

• 4 weeks later...

Ok it has been about a month since I posted the locating server was down . IT IS STILL NOT WORKING???? Please will 1C put it back up and Keep it up so that ToW may be played by others. Thanks alot for your quick responce to this request.

JMayer aka Mushhead

OK what's going on?? Is this the way 1C is going to treat ToW2 also?? I have been a suporter of this game from the start and now it seems that not even 1C will back it up. This game is getting really good with the JSH mods and now there is no Server to locate any players. So if this is the way ToW 2 is going to be I may have second thoughts of buying it. Sorry but I believe you should keep your games up to date and keep you server up as well. Thanks for letting me rant.

I bought this game about 2 weeks ago. Did the server ever work? :confused:

Yep, it has worked, and the server appears to be up now, although I don't see any online games being played at the moment. A couple of weeks ago I saw a "SEARCH SERVERS SYSTEM IS UNAVAILABLE" message, but that no longer appears.

DV

WOW I just tried the online server for ToW and to my suprise it was UP. Thanks 1C I only hope it is still up when I am able to play. I am going to be playing around 2pm PST today hope to see you all there.

Thanks agian for starting the server 1C.

I am also enjoying this game with my canadian friend Stogie.

I purchased it online, at its first release, with the advice of an old buddy. I remember his wise words "a thinking mans game".

Thank you to my old bud Mushhead for persisting C1 to open the public gaming server again.

Would be great to game alongside other fans of "theatre of war".

Would be great to catch up with you again John. Advise me of your ts ip and we can game again like the good old days.

I thoroughly enjoyed your company whilst gaming :)

God bless ya old bud ;)

PS : Glad to see you are still alive and that the rumours werent true that you are dead.

Well folks it seems that 1C had the server up for almost a week. Now it is down again. PLEASE 1C keep the server up and keep ToW alive. I lov this game and we need the server to find others who wish to play.

Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter.

JMayer

I finally decide to give multiplayer a go, installed your toolbar, click Multiplayer, Theater of war, I get a page full of script errors, server not responding and stuff like that, from what I have read above is there really any point in having this toolbar ? pretty sloppy work.

• 3 weeks later...

I just made a post on this and the other game I enjoy is Battlefield 2 and luckily that game supports the servers and all that, it's strange that someone would put out all this stuff and then not follow through. i wonder what will happen if another program is released and will the people support it. keep the server running the game and/or let the players know that problems exist, open communication is important from both sides and I believe the gamers usually hold their end of the bargain by reporting all bugs on a game that playtesters will never find.

That's why I still play CMBB still old but great

will server be on in the future?

• 1 month later...
this is one of the reasons I tend to steer away from purchasing any 1C games....

Hmmmm, the big other 1C game is IL2 Sturmovik which is absolutely massive in the MP department, so that doesn't seem a valid point. As ToW is based on IL2 technology it would seem that lack of good MP was an inititial design error by the ToW team as the engine appears to have the inherent capability to support this. After all nearly all single player games are either dead on hard drives or deleted after 3 months & being completed. So IMO the marketing axiom would seem that for continued playablity & popularity MP would be the place to concentrate efforts & build support slowly but surely.

Happy New Year!!