BTS: Multiple Crew Bail-Outs

(SPOILER for Operation "Utrechtseweg" follows!)

I've just seen a bug that may be related to the "clown car" problem someone posted earlier.

The situation: I'm well-along (battle 7 or 8 of 12, I think) as the besieged British in the "Utrechtseweg" Operation that I downloaded from Moon's site. My troops have been holding the line, and there are a couple of wrecked SPWs from previous battles littering the field. In the present battle, the Germans bring up some Tigers, but I have a couple of skilled PIAT teams who kill the Tigers with close-range side-armor shots. Meanwhile, Allied air support is overflying the battlefield, dropping bombs and strafing some targets I can't see.

The problem: Eventually the planes start dropping bombs on the two dead Tigers, which is realistic since the tanks aren't burning yet. After that, the planes start to strafe the dead SPWs that have been out of commission for several days (i.e. a few battles ago). Imagine my surprise when a "top penetration" results from one of these attacks, and a fresh crew team pops out and runs away! Imagine my further surprise when, over the next four or five turns, this happens again with two other long-dead SPWs still on the battlefield. In fact, the first SPW to be hit gets to spawn yet another crew before the battle ends on turn 15.

I saved a copy of the campaign on the turn right after the first SPW crew appeared. Since the planes are very active, you can probably reproduce the problem just by waiting for them to attack another of the old SPWs. Should I send this turn to you, BTS? At what address?

Thanks for an excellent game (despite this minor glitch)!

Paul "Martyr" Roberts

No need to report this to BTS anymore. It's been fixed for the newest patch coming out soon.

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision