New to this kind of game

Just got Shock Force and im new to this kind of game play.Are thier any good training videos or mission were they tell you and show you how things work?

I think im going to like this SIM if i figure it out soon.I play flight sims EE2,Lockon and other game like Full Spectrum warrior,Ghost Recon 1 ,Graw 1,Rainbow six Raven Shield (all Rainbow Six games).

Just looking for some good trainning. Thanks

Welcome aboard.

You've already started off in the right place. There are a number of good threads you should check out. Chainsaw's Assaulting fierce and agile is good. There are several in my sig line I might recommend. Start practicing for the Marine Module

Now get on my quarterdeck and gimme a hundred!2i74kqq.gif

2r3kokp.jpg

The best part of this game is the more time you sink into it learning its nuances, the better it gets. This is without a doubt the most realistic, thinking mans war game I have ever played. I have been playing since it came out and I still am not tired of it! Welcome to the community Chuckman!

chuckman welcome!

You won't believe this, but as a player here from the start of CMSF I have learned quite a few new things from your thread!

Multi-order operations as discussed in the tutorials were a complete black hole for me! hah! I didn't even know it worked that way!

All I was doing was single order operations which make WEGO a bit of a pain...

Welcome man!

The games on the cd are all very good and well thought out. For additional games made by players go to www.cmmods.com and you can get a number of excellent scenarios and campaigns from the community. The ones I like are:

Assault on precinct 13

King Copper Mines

Chechen War

There's dozens out there so just check it out and see what looks good to you. There's also quite a ot of mods to individualize the look of the game.

Patrick

I've bought this game recently too and liked it. But I've found a computer being not smart opponent and the main campaign (TF Thunder) wasn't big challenge. So I'd like to ask where I could find opponents to play PBEM CMSF? "Opponent Finder" forum here seems totally abandoned..

• 2 weeks later...

Wheeee... i'm not new to the CM series, but this one... hurts :)

Took me 4 evenings to be able to get past the 1st campaign scenario without having too many losses (albeit, my only success was on my last try: version 1.8). I am now facing the 2nd mission ... starts with a large plain(sp?), strikers, infantry and no armor... i think i'll get back to you in a month or two when I'll finaly be able to succeed (there's hope!).

Though, it may not sound like it, but I am enjoying this immensely :)