So are we there yet?

Smithers

Since there is a full aar i am hoping we just looking at polish now, my opinion is release to beta please, or release and go for a patch.

in this instance I am a firm believe of give us what you got even if it is 95% there and work the polish out later, I am biting my nails off in waiting I so just want to play it, regardless even if it is in alpha form. I live witht he bugs and crashes and you can quote me.

I don't know if I can find my CMBB disk these days. It's been a loooonnggg time.

Buy a new one! :) it's a superb product 100% better than CMSF.

CMBB is the best game done ever by Battlefront, and CMC is the perfect chance to buy more CMBBs.

I will love to see an all-included edition: CMC+CMBB even if it cost more than buy both as separate products.

It's also a good chance to include all the Patch of CMBB in the original installer... because is a pain to download the patches when you reinstall the game from the old CD.

Ok, I can no longer hold back.

I have been eagerly awaiting this game ever since they did the initial announcement, almost three years ago. I have lurked through initial optimism, near-endless debate about maps and battle size, demand for CMBB update, a long development, forum 'speculation' about said long development, and finally concerns about Vista compatibility. Through it all I have remained cautiously optimistic, first that CMC would be a good game, especially vs the computer, and second that it would come to pass at all. Then the AAR.

This game looks awesome. The scenario looked good, the maps looked decent, and the operational CMC part looked detailed and capable of doing a lot. I can well imagine happily conducting a single divisional size game for months on end.

When (it's ready, I know...) is this game coming out? The game looks fantastic. The scenarios that the community alone comes up with are going to be great. I am throwing caution to the winds, and waiting eagerly.

Um, is anyone else worried by the description of fights 16 minutes long that feature 2 battalions of infantry starting on the map well within rifle range of the defenders, in open ground because there isn't any room? Does anyone think they could lose a fight like those described as the more numerous Russians? Only the AI could be that bad. Or 500 men lost in each outing, to small arms fire alone? That is more like a full division's losses in a full day at Kursk, at the worst of it, with 2/3rds of it coming from shelling and artillery. I want to love this, but these are not reassuring points. I'd expect to see a force that large arrived staggered, for example...

Yes, I wondered about that too, especially with the terrain being so open in front of the woods, almost like you could put a KZ right there...

The question seems to be how does the game decide which tiles to use in the scenario, and if the answer isn't "the ones the scenario defender can hit with direct fire", then there will be a problem. I understand that battles are to be 2x2 km, but surely LOS of the defending force would influence the choice of which 2x2 square. Perhaps the defender could be given the option, ie if you want to conduct defence in a woods interior (for whatever reason), or have no capability past 3 or 4 hundred metres, and want to avoid 15 turns of approach. Then you could choose to defend the forward square.

I wonder whether it is an ownership issue, ie. the 2 bns "owned" that open terrain square just by virtue of moving into it without initiating a battle, which seems to be defined almost as a close assault. This could be fixed by giving units with any longer range capability a 1 square standoff distance in open terrain. I also wonder if we will be able to detach units ie. sections or half sections to 'hold' a piece of ground as a tripwire force, which would trigger the battle in the KZ square and then allow the tripwire to fall back to the main position. I wonder what this would do to the attacking AI...

But make no mistake, I am still extremely excited.