Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Sound issue, Help!

Hey gang,

I have never had an issue with his game for almost a year now, but....I no longer have any sound within the game??!! The movie sounds are fine and all other sounds are OK on my comp. I just do not get it. No, I have not changed anything since yesterday. About the only thing that may be relevant is that I played my first TCP game last night, in which the sound worked just fine. Would really appreciate any help out there. Many thanks :confused: :confused: Rond71@home.com

Strange...

With the SB Live I have at work sometimes the audio goes out and comes back at different times, but this is for all audio. Do you turn off your speakers (assuming that they're powered) ? You may want to do this and readjust the levels or hardware volume. What SB Live software do you have loading up ? There is a possibility that it may be interfering with CM's sound (an Environmental setting may be disabled; I'm unsure of this honestly). I can't find any particular Audio HQ control panel settings that would affect just a game.

I'd suggest deleting your CM prefs file and see if this makes any difference. I wouldn't think that it would have any audio settings in it, but it may be worth a try.

Interesting. I have a "Sound Blaster Live /AMD Only" in a Gateway with Windows ME, and I have ran into the same type of problem.

Sometimes the sound simply disappers, but it is not regularly, and not too often.

I thought it was only in CM, but I have encountered the same problem while playing Delta Force 2 aswell.

I have external speakers with own power ("Boston").

Edited: it just happened again. Sounds like sound is simply switched off. But no power-loss to speakers that I could observe.

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Stefan Fredriksson ]

Evening gents,

Well, I never actually figured out what the heck was going on, but since I ws planning on upgrading my soundcard anyway, now was the time. The game works fine with the new card so I have to assume a driver became corrupted that was specific to the game?? Heck I dunno, but I'm back in business! tongue.gif Thanks to Schrullenhaft for being so quick to assist. Appreciate it mate! Battle-on