For Steve at BFC and any other AFV collectors--rubber track refurb tech!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link John. Fortunately, there are now a couple of guys making replacement pads for US WW2 heavy armor and even a couple making Weasel tracks now. The engineering has finally come down in cost enough to produce viable products at "reasonable" prices. Still stupidly expensive, but good things usually are ;) There have also been some new do-it-yourself materials that have come out since that article was written.

Steve

Steve,

You're welcome! Didn't know if it was applicable to you or not, but I figured you should at least see it. Regarding price, at least in your world the tracks go on a working vehicle. Try comparing the Friulissimmo individual track link sets to the 1/35th scale kits they're intended for. That gave me sticker shock. I remember when track guards were made from toothpaste tubes, other items were bashed together from the parts box, and Tamiya tanks (and my SU-100) had rubber band tracks.

Regards,

John Kettler