High weirdness with Google noted while in Firefox

Something decidedly odd started happening yesterday with Google on the latest version of Firefox for my iMac running OS X 10.4.11 Panther and continues as of today (presently away from my rig). What was it? It quit! If I typed something in the search window and hit the go button, it did nothing. Odd, to be sure, but the truly strange part is that Google ran just fine under Safari. This one's got my Mac power user friend scratching his head. Any Mac users out there run into this? Mine's a lampshade 800 MHz dual boot iMac with 1 GB SDRAM and 32 MB VRAM.

Regards,

John Kettler

Other Means,

Thanks! Tried it, but once I selected Manage search engines, nothing happened. Well, lots of nothing happened. That is, the entire program froze, so thoroughly I couldn't close a single tab or shut down the program. Was forced to shut my rig off at the surge protector, let the drives spin down, turn back on the surge protector switch, reboot, dump the cache and everything else. Happily, I now have Google again, and Firefox works properly. Have never seen anything quite like that before.

Michael Emrys,

Please advise as to religion and entity involved. Santeria, Vodun, Astarte, the Great Old Ones, or what, please? This technical solution wasn't covered in my computer science courses!

Regards,

John Kettler

Michael Emrys,

Please advise as to religion and entity involved. Santeria, Vodun, Astarte, the Great Old Ones, or what, please?

Actually, any of those should prove satisfactory. Just be careful not to mix them as the deconfliction might get hairy, requiring re-initialization of your hard drive and restoring all software from the original disks. And you wouldn't want that, now would you?

Michael